Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Colt LE6960 CCU - Colt Combat Unit Carbine

Feedback Score

My new Colt LE6960 CCU - Colt Combat Unit Carbine

I've owned some of the Colt LE6920 and AR6720 carbines and have been very pleased with them. I still have two of the AR6720. I've been wanting to get a Colt LE6960 CCU for a while. I won an auction on Gunbroker for just over $1000 brand new, so now I have one! I removed the Aimpoint PRO from one of my AR6720s and put it on the CCU. I also added some stealth gray Magpul furniture, backup sights, forward sling mount, and a rail section. I installed my Crimson Trace green laser on the rail in front of the flip-up sight for when I'm doing tactically tactical operations in my back yard. But seriously, I just had this laser laying around not being used otherwise, so I gave it a home (and it's virtually weightless). I hit the range yesterday to zero the Aimpoint at 50 yards with my current defensive load of choice: IMI Razor Core 5.56mm 69gr HPBT Match. I also fired about 200 additional rounds of a mix of Federal's M193 and M855. Not a single malfunction or other complaint, and the carbine still managed to group very well even when it got very hot from a few 20-round mags in a row. The barrel is lightweight, but not quite as pencil-thin as the AR6720. There's one thing I found interesting regarding POI between the IMI 69gr as compared to the M193 & M855. With my LE6920 and AR6720 carbines, when zeroed for the IMI, both M193 & M855 POI would be about 1-inch above center at 50 yards. With the LE6960 CCU and zeroed for the IMI, the M193 & M855 POI is about 1-inch or more below center at 50 yards. Same 16-inch barrel lengths, chrome-lined, with 1/7 twist, the only real difference is the CCU is free-floated. Oh and by the way, the CCU does indeed have all the appropriate Colt markings everywhere, proper stakings, and everything else that we expect from Colt. Overall, I'm very happy with my CCU and I might have to pick up a second one, because we all know that two is one and one is none.

The first photo below is 5 rounds of IMI at 50 yards using the Aimpoint. Four rounds in one hole, and I'd bet that the fifth was probably my fault.
    5 rounds - 50 yards - Aimpoint PRO - IMI Razor Core 69gr HPBT_a.jpgIMG_2679.jpgIMG_2680.jpgIMG_2691.jpg

Feedback Score
    Dang man that's awesome! Nice rifle, I plan on pickin up one this fall if possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Remington M700p .308
    • Colt M4 Carbine .556
    • Henry Big Boy .45 Colt
    • M&P Shield9

Feedback Score
    Congratulations, very nice rifle.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    Thanks! One thing that Colt knows how to build is a high-quality AR15, and this is no exception.

Feedback Score
    I will own one of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Remington M700p .308
    • Colt M4 Carbine .556
    • Henry Big Boy .45 Colt
    • M&P Shield9

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another happy CCU owner here!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Looks like a great package for the price. I'll definitely be recommending it to friends who are in the market for a new rifle.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I really like mine. I've added a PRO, Magpul mbus front/rear and a Streamlight protac rail mount light. It's my new favorite rifle. I was lucky enough to score a complete 6960 upper from a gunbroker seller to mate with a spare 6920 lower I had lying around. As soon as funds allow, it's getting the exact same setup.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice rifle and accessories. Very nice. Congratulations.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    As of 6:38pm ET, a complete CCU rifle is $1005 shipped at buds via "make an offer." That's insane...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast