Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: new Geissele Super Modular Rail MK14???

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Has anyone had their Mk14 rail rotate? There is a thread on TOS with a few members reporting their rail is rotating on them, even torqued to spec, unlike the Mk8 rail with the anti rotation set screws...
    They probably didn't torque down the cross bolts enough. I know mine could be rotated if I really tried while using a vert foregrip and just super purposefully trying to rotate the handguard on the barrel nut.

I've since retorqued my bolts. Pretty sure I would have to place the rifle in a bench vise and use a breaker bar to rotate it now.

Quote Originally Posted by nickforney View Post
    Curious how you go about rotating tabs? Was the barrel nut rotating free or the tabs allowing enough tilt to bring lasers off zero? Did they contact bill and co and what did they say?
    On my Colt upper, there is a slight gap between each tab and the receiver. They would allow about a degree of rotation in either direction.

Feedback Score
    I haven't handled the MK14 yet but so far I've been more than happy with both of my MK8 rails.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    They probably didn't torque down the cross bolts enough. I know mine could be rotated if I really tried while using a vert foregrip and just super purposefully trying to rotate the handguard on the barrel nut.

I've since retorqued my bolts. Pretty sure I would have to place the rifle in a bench vise and use a breaker bar to rotate it now.
    Several members on TOS in the Geissele (industry) forum have reported issues with it, most didn't believe it until they checked their rifles, almost all report being torqued and installed to spec. I love Geissele stuff and was actually looking at grabbing a Mk8 or Mk14 for a build, but this definitely gives me pause.

Feedback Score
    Several members on TOS in the Geissele (industry) forum have reported issues with it, most didn't believe it until they checked their rifles, almost all report being torqued and installed to spec. I love Geissele stuff and was actually looking at grabbing a Mk8 or Mk14 for a build, but this definitely gives me pause.
    I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a MK8, they have been proven and are rock solid

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Hammer View Post
    I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a MK8, they have been proven and are rock solid
    How wide (or slim) is the MK8 when comparing it to a standard quad rail?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Has anyone had their Mk14 rail rotate? There is a thread on TOS with a few members reporting their rail is rotating on them, even torqued to spec, unlike the Mk8 rail with the anti rotation set screws...
    When I first saw the mounting system for this rail, I figured this would become an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by nickforney View Post
    Curious how you go about rotating tabs? Was the barrel nut rotating free or the tabs allowing enough tilt to bring lasers off zero? Did they contact bill and co and what did they say?
    Most machined-on tabs don't do anything other than keep it from completely rotating off. Every upper receiver has different tolerances with regard to width, so unless you have a system to squeeze the tabs against the receiver, they will have a slight gap that allows some rotation.

Feedback Score
    Any commentary from Geissele on this?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don't know why they don't just keep using the tabs with screws.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anyone have any time with this rail, and what are your thoughts vs a MK8. I'm looking to get one but they are not in stock and I cant find one, but Geissele has the MK8 blems available, wondering if i should wait or go with MK8? Will be going over a BCM ELW barrel.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Go mk14 if you aren't running a laser. Feels like a more sturdy kmr. Run the mk8 if running a zeroed laser due to the more robust barrel nut. They changed the barrel nut design on the mk 13s and 14s

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast