Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: new Geissele Super Modular Rail MK14???

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    No. That's one of the improvements. It's larger and stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    No. That's one of the improvements. It's larger and stronger.

Thanks
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    My pic earlier in the thread is vltor.

I received my Mk14 a couple of weeks ago. Just had time this morning to do a check of the fit with the Noveske/MUR upper receiver...NO GO. The Noveske version does not have relief for the a possible rail overlap. So, I checked it with an extra straight MUR I have and it fits fine but looks like crap.

To make it fit with the Noveske I'd have to find someone to mill the upper OR cut off the anti-rotation tabs...which I'm not going to do.

I bought the Noveske/MUR upper receiver specifically for this build and I'll find another rail before I'll ditch the receiver. So the Mk14 goes back. Along with the Super Charging Handle which flexes so much it binds in the upper, and two SSA triggers which have creep...never had creep in any of the 10 different Geissele triggers I already have. Pretty disappointed.

Finally, why does the Mk14 have Mlok slots where the barrel nut is??? I don't like it. But if you look above at post #12 above the spacing is different and there is no Mlok slot where the barrel nut is, what gives? I can imagine that the 13" might be different from the 15", but why bother with a slot where the barrel nut is? Not great from an aesthetic view.

Sorry Mr. Geissele, but I call them like I see/experience them.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 06-26-17 at 14:12.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

new Geissele Super Modular Rail MK14???

Looks like crap? Looks fine on my MUR. I'm not king of instagram guns but I don't see what gives.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My MK14 is attached to a MUR upper and it looks like they were designed to go together... absolutely beautiful!

The rail slots over the barrel nut I have to admit baffles me. If the barrel nut gets dinged up thru the slots then you can't get the rail off. Also if you are going to show the barrel nut it should not be golden colored.

The MK14 is the best rail I have ever handled from an ergonomics stand point and an aesthetic standpoint. It is AWESOME in the hand and on the rifle and in every detail of inspection absolutely superlative.

How it shoots we will see.

My new SSA-E has no creep and is like all my other Geissele triggers perfect.

The Airborne CH... like it, but haven't really run it yet.
    Last edited by M4Fundi; 06-26-17 at 16:22.
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post
    My MK14 is attached to a MUR upper and it looks like they were designed to go together... absolutely beautiful!

The rail slots over the barrel nut I have to admit baffles me. If the barrel nut gets dinged up thru the slots then you can't get the rail off. Also if you are going to show the barrel nut it should not be golden colored.

The MK14 is the best rail I have ever handled from an ergonomics stand point and an aesthetic standpoint. It is AWESOME in the hand and on the rifle and in every detail of inspection absolutely superlative.

How it shoots we will see.

My new SSA-E has no creep and is like all my other Geissele triggers perfect.

The Airborne CH... like it, but haven't really run it yet.
    OK, it doesn't look like crap. I'm just disappointed that it didn't fit with the Noveske/MUR receiver which extends the thicker portion of the receiver all the way to the threads differently than the MUR 1A which cuts down the receiver material before it approaches the threads. On the Noveske/MUR the Mk14 anti-rotation tabs hit the receiver.

Anyway, I'm eating crow now. Gonna keep the Mk14 because although a little odd looking it is very well made and comfortable. I just mounted it on a MUR 1A with a Daniel Defense LW barrel and DD BCG. Doesn't have the nice smooth aesthetic look/fit I wanted, but the gun is a tool after all.

Partially my fault for not looking more closely, but I'm still not 100% satisfied with the anti-rotation solution. I prefer the SLR, BCM or Noveske solution. It doesn't look like the Mk8 will work either.

BTW - The Mega standard billet receiver has cut outs for anti-rotation tabs and might work with the Mk14 very well. I just don't want to invest in anymore upper receivers right now as I already have some extras laying around.

Yes, I have about 10 various Geissele triggers, I bought 2 SSA and 1 SSA-E recently. The SSA-E worked just like my other SSA-E (love it), but the two SSAs had creep unlike my other SSAs. Very unusual for Geissele, but at that price I'd like to see if I can get some without creep.

Yes, the Super CH is beautiful, but needs to be much stiffer. It binds during one handed manipulation. I compared it to the 8 BCM Gunfighters I have (both Ambi and single handle) and it has far more flex. I don't know what is causing the binding specifically, but material, heat treating, material thickness, and shape need to be looked at. Otherwise, I love the Super CH handle and design.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 07-12-17 at 16:46.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post
    Picture?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Does the MK14 use the same barrel nut as the MK4/8, etc?
    You already got the answer but it it kind of a shame that it does not. For most folks it doesn't matter but people who pinned early models have always been able to upgrade down the road if they wanted. I have a 13.7 noveske barrel with a BE meyes pinned. The mk4 that is on it now is a keymod and I had really hoped to replace with a 14 but it just wasn't in the cards. They are really great little rails though and the profile feels great in the hands.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Has anyone had their Mk14 rail rotate? There is a thread on TOS with a few members reporting their rail is rotating on them, even torqued to spec, unlike the Mk8 rail with the anti rotation set screws...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Has anyone had their Mk14 rail rotate? There is a thread on TOS with a few members reporting their rail is rotating on them, even torqued to spec, unlike the Mk8 rail with the anti rotation set screws...
    Curious how you go about rotating tabs? Was the barrel nut rotating free or the tabs allowing enough tilt to bring lasers off zero? Did they contact bill and co and what did they say?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast