Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: HST still the go to for most the 9mm guys?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swstock View Post
    Yea but you did say it. Maybe edit it out of that post?
    I read it as he's been shooting the .45 since the 70s, and elected to let it slide on the HST part instead of busting his chops...
    I'm sure it's just poking fun at this point so lighten up Francis
    Last edited by LMT/556; 02-10-18 at 08:15.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Moving on...
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Wasn't Hydra-Shok an outgrowth/product improvement of the PMC Starfire? If memory serves they were invented by the same designer.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Tokarev, there's a chapter in Marshall & Sanow's 1996 book, Street Stoppers, that describes the development and production of Hydra-Shok, Starfire, and Quik-Shok. It's written by Tom Burczynski, who invented them. And maybe I was wrong about when Federal acquired the rights to Hydra-shok; Burczynski says it was 1987, not 1988 as I had said in my previous post. He says he invented Hydra-Shok in the "mid 70s", and Starfire in the "1970s", but didn't do any development work on the latter until the 1980s. He says they share a design concept, but it's not clear from my reading which one was originally invented first.

My shooting log says I've been shooting P9HST2, the standard pressure 147 grain 9mm load, since at least Dcember, 2005, and it's been my near-exclusive carry load at least since 2006. I see no reason to switch, as it seems to work very well when tested against the FBI and IWBA standards and in actual shootings, is reasonably priced, is accurate in my guns, exhibits excellent functional reliability, and is usually available. I'm just an armed citizen, but if I had to shoot through auto windshields on a regular basis, I might reconsider my choice.
    Last edited by oldtexan; 02-10-18 at 08:58.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtexan View Post
    Tokarev, there's a chapter in Marshall & Sanow's 1996 book, Street Stoppers, that describes the development and production of Hydra-Shok, Starfire, and Quik-Shok. It's written by Tom Burczynski, who invented them. And maybe I was wrong about when Federal acquired the rights to Hydra-shok; Burczynski says it was 1987, not 1988 as I had said in my previous post. He says he invented Hydra-Shok in the "mid 70s", and Starfire in the "1970s", but didn't do any development work on the latter until the 1980s. He says they share a design concept, but it's not clear from my reading which one was originally invented first.
    Thanks for the history lesson.

I have a copy of Street Stoppers somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Brother- DAMN, YALL- I NEVER said Ive been shooting HST since the seventies!!! Some smartass said that after mis-interpreting my post!! HO_LEE COW people...who the hell would think HST has been around that long anyway?! PLEASE..READ BEFORE COMMENTING NEXT TIME.
    I wasn't being a smart-ass, I was simply asking for clarification. Thanks for finally clarifying that jackass

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011