Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: HST still the go to for most the 9mm guys?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    THAT said, I still carry a G19 with either +P HST or GoldDots in 124gr. All this badmouthing the .45 of late is a bunch of BULLSHIT.
    People love their 1911s no doubt, practically speaking the 9mm is a smarter choice for the listed reasons. I own lots of .45 GECO and 230 GD for SIG P220s, but it is definitely more flippy than my P226, G19 or G17. YMMV...

Feedback Score
    I believe in both the HST round & the .45ACP that I just got 150 rounds in of 230gr. HST. Could NOT care less about internet lore and/or opinion. Ive seen what it can do...been shooting it since late Seventies, its an awesome round that CAN be shot fast, with practice, and its track record is without question, in my mind. THAT said, I still carry a G19 with either +P HST or GoldDots in 124gr. All this badmouthing the .45 of late is a bunch of BULLSHIT.
    I agree and although 9mm is my go to pistol round, I’ll keep my Glock 21 loaded with +P HST. Just look at it this way, its just more .45 ammo for us

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I believe in both the HST round & the .45ACP that I just got 150 rounds in of 230gr. HST. Could NOT care less about internet lore and/or opinion. Ive seen what it can do...been shooting it since late Seventies, its an awesome round that CAN be shot fast, with practice, and its track record is without question, in my mind. THAT said, I still carry a G19 with either +P HST or GoldDots in 124gr. All this badmouthing the .45 of late is a bunch of BULLSHIT.
    I agree. All the "advancements in bullet design has made the 9mm the best and negated the .45" is a bunch of crapola. The same advancements apply to the . 45, and you still make a bigger hole. I get it, a pistol round is still just a pistol round. I think it was Elmer Keith who said a .45 "lets more air in and more blood out".
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I agree. All the "advancements in bullet design has made the 9mm the best and negated the .45" is a bunch of crapola. The same advancements apply to the . 45, and you still make a bigger hole. I get it, a pistol round is still just a pistol round. I think it was Elmer Keith who said a .45 "lets more air in and more blood out".
    Problem is all modern defense ammo is made to perform to the exact same standards so I'll take the advice of medical examiners I trust who carry and recommend 9mm

That said, I keep a 45acp bedside because I really like that pistol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    Problem is all modern defense ammo is made to perform to the exact same standards so I'll take the advice of medical examiners I trust who carry and recommend 9mm

That said, I keep a 45acp bedside because I really like that pistol

Correct, they all are too close in performance, except the .45 makes a bigger hole. And honesty the only reason I am dedicated to it is it is what I carried on duty for years so it is familiar and is what I own.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Correct, they all are too close in performance, except the .45 makes a bigger hole. And honesty the only reason I am dedicated to it is it is what I carried on duty for years so it is familiar and is what I own.
    In theory it makes a bigger hole but the medical examiners tell me they can't tell the difference between any of the service calibers when examining wounds.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In theory it makes a bigger hole but the medical examiners tell me they can't tell the difference between any of the service calibers when examining wounds.

There is a fair argument there. Honestly, while I enjoy .45, the only time I really find myself eager to shoot .45 is on steel because, well it makes more noise.
    While I am not adverse to carrying a good .45ACP 9mm just makes more sense most of the time. Besides, shot placement counts for more than size of the round. But, I am preacher to the choir here on that.

That all said, I do want another couple 1911s in .45ACP. After that, probably 9mm and 10mm. Then I'll probably not need any more 1911s. But, anyway, yeah.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think it was Elmer Keith who said a .45 "lets more air in and more blood out".
    Elmer Keith died Feb 12, 1984. Just sayin'.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You've been shooting HST since the 70's?

Dude..REALLY? You know damn well that aint what I meant. Ive shot the 45ACP sine then. Dont be an ass.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Elmer Keith died Feb 12, 1984. Just sayin'.
    Ya know, the number of myths out there on ballistic, or pseudo ballistics that date back to the 80's and 90's, or earlier. Does make one's head hurt.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast