Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IFAK for cargo pocket?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

IFAK for cargo pocket?

Looking for a first aid kit that can fit in a standard sized cargo pocket, which also takes advantage of the space to minimize bulk.

It also has to come out as one package rather than just shoving individual things into your pocket.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I was going to say 2 things.

1. Is there a "standard sized" cargo pocket?

2. It's going to depend on what you want in the kit.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't know if there's a standard cargo pocket size.

Something made for ACU/5.11/Vertx/Proper/etc. Find the average size or maybe smallest size and fit it for that.

Ideally as unbulky as possible.
    Combat gauze & tq are necessary.
    Compression bandage and nitrile gloves are a plus.
    Tape, shears, nasopharyngeal airway + lube, and additional gauze or bandages are nice to have.
    Would also like regular Band-Aids and some pills like Tylenol, Advil, Claritin, some antibiotics, etc.
    Also needs to be sterile, waterproof, and removed from the pocket in one package. Should not rattle when walking.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    This. Kerry Davis is a good dude, and his stuff is top notch.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    This. Kerry Davis is a good dude, and his stuff is top notch.
    How's the Pocket DARK compare to the DARK Blue Line? They look similar-ish size, with a little extra for the Blue Line for Hyfin Vent Compact Seals. The Blue Line is a bit longer bit a bit thinner than the Pocket, according to their site.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Here is a relevant video from ITS with Lone Star Medics' Caleb Causey, that may help. ITS also has an EDC trauma kit and boo boo kit, that may fit your needs. I keep their boo boo kit in their EDC pouch, and it works for me. I follow the practice of keeping trauma and boo boo items packaged separately. It's a good idea to carry your kit in a pouch to protect it from wear.

To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    In my LL Bean pack I carry to/from my parking lot and work I have a MOLLE medic sustainment pouch (the small pouches in the pic):

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-LJMejZDtRc...+molle+(1).gif

It holds much of what you want to carry; I have the trauma stuff in one plastic bag, and the other stuff in a separate bag. It would neatly fit in a cargo pocket (deployed I carried my SERE kit that way).

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I don't post too often, but I've been working through something similar for a bit. The challenge to me for a truly "pocket" sized trauma (not boo boo) kit has been a TQ. I may be wrong (and I'm sure someone will make sure to point it out), but I'm in the group that believes a TQ should have a windlass, e.g. C-A-T.

My compromise for a pocket sized trauma kit was the SWAT-T. I'm not thrilled with the stretch and wrap concept, but one can do double-duty as a pressure bandage. My pocket trauma kit is packed inside a small Maxpedition Micro (or maybe Mini - not much difference) pocket organizer and fits into a cargo pocket or is otherwise pretty inconspicuous in a backpack, beach bag, etc. Is it perfect? Nope, but it's better than a poke in the eye. I was a FF/Paramedic for many years, and I'm confident I could use it to good advantage should the need arise.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -- Will Rogers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast