Background: As noted in other threads, I have very light-sensitive eyes--so much so that I have to wear polarized lenses almost all the time, and if you see them it's because I consider something so important as to be worth the resulting migraine.

As I look at various HD/pistol builds, and bearing the above in mind, I'm starting to consider the idea of mounting two independent lights even though each adds a quarter-pound. One to be very low-power with a red or green filter for *my* benefit--the way my eyes work, it's like the rod and cone cells somehow wired into the optic nerve backward from normal, easily blinded by day and slightly impaired dead-ahead vision but enhanced peripheral and see better under low-light conditions. (Low-light, not NO-light; I'm as blind as anyone else under total blackout, and much like a starlight scope I need some minimal amount of illumination to work with.) The other, a higher-powered one to dazzle and disorient, something that will fricassee their eyes as much as it does mine or hopefully more. (Thinking a little Coast PX20 for the low-power red, which also carries a backup white if needed, and something like a Surefire E-series for the "dazzler.")

Why am I thinking two lights? One, I want the switches *well* separated, ideally on opposite sides of the weapon, so I can't accidentally fire the dazzler when I'm going for my own illumination. Two, if I have one on each side of my AR pistol's FSB twin-rail, should it be needed in an emergency I've got a spare light to lend.

Has anyone else with similar needs done something similar? I admit I could be headed into Paul Kim's Over-geared Joke AR territory here... but in light of the particular niche application I thought I'd see what the community has to suggest for refining this or considering alternate solutions.