Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good quality bulk M193

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Good quality bulk M193

Hey guys. I've been doing some searching and learning that not all (X)M193 loads are created equal, and that even some brands perform differently from lot to lot. So that said, I'm looking for some current advice on which M193 is the best choice to get started with. I'm looking to buy 1000 rounds to use for my initial zero, then to use as my "get to know your rifle" ammo. I'll be shooting a 16" 1:7 chrome barrel.

Right now I'm leaning towards this deal on a case of Magtech CBC.....

https://redriverreloading.com/ammo/c...1000rds-c.html

Can anybody confirm that this is a good choice, or let me know what other good or better choices there are? IMI and PMC are other brands that I'm considering, with a preference to IMI between those two, but I also see PMP and a lot of Privi out there. Any and all input is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McSimon View Post
    Hey guys. I've been doing some searching and learning that not all (X)M193 loads are created equal, and that even some brands perform differently from lot to lot. So that said, I'm looking for some current advice on which M193 is the best choice to get started with. I'm looking to buy 1000 rounds to use for my initial zero, then to use as my "get to know your rifle" ammo. I'll be shooting a 16" 1:7 chrome barrel.

Right now I'm leaning towards this deal on a case of Magtech CBC.....

https://redriverreloading.com/ammo/c...1000rds-c.html

Can anybody confirm that this is a good choice, or let me know what other good or better choices there are? IMI and PMC are other brands that I'm considering, with a preference to IMI between those two, but I also see PMP and a lot of Privi out there. Any and all input is appreciated.

BEST 62GR: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...on&key=CBC556B

BEST 55GR: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...on&key=MEN556A

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Grant- Been tryig to find chrono info on the 62gr out of a 16" 1/7 barrel carbine. Any info?
    Also- is this marketed as a self defense type load?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Grant- Been tryig to find chrono info on the 62gr out of a 16" 1/7 barrel carbine. Any info?
    Also- is this marketed as a self defense type load?
    I don't know of any info on it. I am also not sure why it matters?

You can certainly use M193 as a self-defense load, but there are much better choices out there IMHO.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think Grant is exactly right about this. I have had good results with both of these. The 62gr CBC is not M855 which is probably why its better than "green tip". This is good get to know your rifle ammo. It can be used for SD, but there are some expensive specialized ammo available for that if you feel you need the best SD load.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 05-12-17 at 16:15.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    I have shot the men 5.56 55grain,it is good clean ammo very accurate,buy it and buy alot.

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Last edited by bfoosh006; 08-29-17 at 19:25.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Once the MEN had been mentioned here, I remembered the dedicated thread Grant started about it too, so between that and this one it's hard to argue anything different. Tomorrow is payday so I intend on going with the MEN M193 as recommended. Thanks for the responses.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like you may have decided, but I came across these yesterday. IMI and Xtac are my two favorites and shoot well in just about every AR I've run them through. Since you specifically mentioned IMI in the OP, I figured I'd share. Pretty good price.

http://www.eagleeyeguns.com/mobile/P...M193(Case-500)
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post
    Sounds like you may have decided, but I came across these yesterday. IMI and Xtac are my two favorites and shoot well in just about every AR I've run them through. Since you specifically mentioned IMI in the OP, I figured I'd share. Pretty good price.

http://www.eagleeyeguns.com/mobile/P...M193(Case-500)
    Decided or not, thanks for the additional info. I have a feeling I'll be trying different ammo out over time, so having some back up options is always a good thing. I still like the look of the CMC, IMI, and PMC too, so those all may end up in my rifle at some point or another.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast