Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good quality bulk M193

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McSimon View Post
    Decided or not, thanks for the additional info. I have a feeling I'll be trying different ammo out over time, so having some back up options is always a good thing. I still like the look of the CMC, IMI, and PMC too, so those all may end up in my rifle at some point or another.
    Happy to help. That same place manages to carry some of the more "exotic" defensive ammo as well. Good site to bookmark.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    Just ordered a case of MEN M193. G&R Tactical is super easy to order from, shipping is less than I would pay in local sales tax.

If it's as good as people say, will be buying a lot.

German manufactured ammo at this price seems like a steal.
    Last edited by Spin Drift; 05-18-17 at 20:59.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Drift View Post
    Just ordered a case of MEN M193. G&R Tactical is super easy to order from, shipping is less than I would pay in local sales tax.

If it as good as people say, will be buying a lot.

German manufactured ammo at this price seems like a steal.
    Let us know how you like it!

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Let us know how you like it!

C4

The MEN ammo got here, looks great. Bright cases, sealed primers, OAL was consistent, packaging looks 1st quality.

Will be shooting some in a.m., can't wait.

Big Thanks to G&R.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My MEN m193 shot better than my IMI m193 last week.

Feedback Score
    The MEN works very well, no problems, clean, typical M193 accuracy (a little better than average), packaged in 30 round boxes, which is handy with 30 round mags...

Burned up 300+ rounds, not a single problem. Nothing.

Great stuff, will buy a bunch more. Really a no-brainer, fine German ammo at great price.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am a big fan of MEN ammo. I like the 5.56 ammo but if you shoot 9mm, they make 124 gr. ball ammo that is really cost effective and performs very well -- Its accurate and clean.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I just wanted to come make an update to my thread, and thanks again to people recommending MEN M193. I've put 780 rounds through the new build so far and I'm pleased. I like the way it shoots, it's accurate, clean, and well priced. I like the packaging in 30 round boxes, and it's easy to clean and maintain my weapon after using it. All and all great ammo, making it hard to think about shooting anything else in a 55 (56) grain. 5/5 stars.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McSimon View Post
    I just wanted to come make an update to my thread, and thanks again to people recommending MEN M193. I've put 780 rounds through the new build so far and I'm pleased. I like the way it shoots, it's accurate, clean, and well priced. I like the packaging in 30 round boxes, and it's easy to clean and maintain my weapon after using it. All and all great ammo, making it hard to think about shooting anything else in a 55 (56) grain. 5/5 stars.

Thanks for the update. Did you actually shoot for groups at all?

If you're in a replenishing mood, and don't mind trying a different round, Sportsmans Guide has Wolf Gold for $277 per case. That's the "member" price, but they offer a 30 day trial. Even without the discount it's $291. It's highly regarded around the forums as one of the best values for plinking ammo.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post
    Thanks for the update. Did you actually shoot for groups at all?

If you're in a replenishing mood, and don't mind trying a different round, Sportsmans Guide has Wolf Gold for $277 per case. That's the "member" price, but they offer a 30 day trial. Even without the discount it's $291. It's highly regarded around the forums as one of the best values for plinking ammo.
    I haven't really been shooting for groups so far, as I've only been using my back up irons while I gather funds for an LPV. Ofc there has been some times when I'm feeling in the zone that I've brought it in pretty tight, but at this point I'm just learning to shoot (well) again and working on the fundamentals. Once I mount my scope I'll start getting a little more concerned with precision, but this is my all purpose build anyways, so in the end as long as I'm on center mass and hitting what I'm aiming at I'm happy. At 100 yards I'm making head shots on a full size silouette. That's what, 8 MOA? So with irons that's not terrible for an old out of practice noob, I don't think.

Here's a pic of my target after my first 7 groups. This is out of a never before shot 16" BMC CFH barrel at 25 yards, and my first 5.56 rounds since 1993, which was the last time I qualified on my M16A2. Gotta give credit to BCM that their upper assembly(FSB)+Troy backup sight was so well zeroed right off the bat. I got a little carried away on 5 because I couldn't stop shooting, it was feeling so nice. I'm willing to bet the ammo will scale up with me nicely as I get better, which is what this thread was all about. Thanks for the tip on the Wolf Gold too, sounds like it's worth a look.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast