Thread: Choke tubes, so confusing!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Choke tubes, so confusing!!

Long story short, I want to assemble a single shot 12g for various purposes namely a "survival" shot gun. I've got an NEF. My plan is cut to 18.5/ thread for choke replace the wood with synthetic stock and side saddle, replace the foreend with synthetic. And add the tactical krylon finish.

Goals:
    1. Ability to shoot slugs/ OO Buck for defensive purposes.( rifled or sabot slugs IDK.
    I shoot shot rifled slugs in my mossberg 500 it doesn't accept chokes 18.5 in barrel 8 shot tube.)

2. Small game, birds, rabbits, squirrels etc

3. Breaching ( I know, I live a rich fantasy life but still want the capability)

What type/ style of chokes should I have it threaded for. It seem like Remington has a breaching tube readily available, then. I assume I need to thread for Remington. What type of chokes do I buy to accomplish the remainding goals.

I have looked for a dumbed down chart or explanation of what different chokes do and my google kung fu is weak. Any help would be appreciated. Even better a shopping list would be gold star sticker worthy.
    Last edited by DocCaliz; 05-12-17 at 17:32.