Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Buy another ACOG or Vortex Razor HD 1-6 Gen ii

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I with Vortex made this optic in BLACK..the color is faggy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wanna buy a razor as well, but waiting for gen 3 to come out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kukworld View Post
    I wanna buy a razor as well, but waiting for gen 3 to come out

Is there actually a gen 3 in the works?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    No, Vortex has decided to only do 1-8 scopes in their budget lines. No demand or desire for a high-end 1-8.

:P

I kid, but seriously, I'm not the only one who thinks they did this backwards, but you can bet Vortex isn't going to NOT do a nice 1-8.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    No, no eye issues here. I have the red 1-8, and just like the accupower 1-4, as soon as I look at a bright surface through it in full daylight, the reticle goes black. There's a *hint* of red, but it's barely noticeable. It's not capable of retina searing, blooming brightness like an aimpoint or razor on the highest setting.

Maximum brightness on the accupower is equivalent to maybe 4 or 5 on the razor 1-6. The razor also doesn't wash out on bright surfaces because it's not relying on a reflection off the etched reticle to get the illumination to your eye.

Everyone has their preferences, and I haven't said anything about the reticle/dot size on either scope. If you don't like other offerings, it doesn't matter to me. I just think it's wrong to keep towing the "accupower 1-8 is daylight bright" line when it clearly is not. Especially compared to the illumination in several other 1-x scopes out there.
    I had the same issue with the accupower 1-4 and it was really irritating. I grew up using acogs on my service weapon so was disappointed with the washed out reticle, expecting a battery powered to be bright. Handling the razor, it really has the most usable daylight illumination, but I am hopeful and also wary of the new trijicon 1-8. I haven't shot with it but looking through one I was impressed at how much it seemed to be, but it was hefty.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I hope there is, since razor came out 2012 I believe...so they should have update razor line, we shall see

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234