Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Blasphemous thought: The AK has better sights than the AR

Feedback Score
    We have to consider the eyes main purpose; to take in information. When you force the eye to try and take in lots of information through a smaller viewing area the info is going to get to your brain slower. Especially if there is a lot going on. So yes, aperature sites, especially on the battlefield will be slower.

on the other hand limiting what you see and what your brain has to deal with calms everything down. That equals more precision typically.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NothingClever View Post
    We have to consider the eyes main purpose; to take in information. When you force the eye to try and take in lots of information through a smaller viewing area the info is going to get to your brain slower. Especially if there is a lot going on. So yes, aperature sites, especially on the battlefield will be slower
    You cannot force the eye to take in more information than it is receiving. A small aperture is slower but more precise. A large aperture is faster but less precise
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345