Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G code holsters ?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

G code holsters ?

I have two needs. One is car mounted system and one is a holster that is mounted to my hunting pack. We carry a handgun when in the mountains in AZ hunting. There are mountain Lions and Bears that keep me on my toes when hiking up in the dark.

Anybody have experience with their quick detach systems, overall quality..?

Have another preference?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have used the RTI system before and while it never failed, I much prefer the Safariland QLS/ELS systems for running holsters and pouches on battle/duty/competition belts, or attached to studs/furniture for quick but secure access to a loaded handgun in the event of a self defense situation.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MOLON AABE View Post
    I have used the RTI system before and while it never failed, I much prefer the Safariland QLS/ELS systems for running holsters and pouches on battle/duty/competition belts, or attached to studs/furniture for quick but secure access to a loaded handgun in the event of a self defense situation.
    Why is that? I read several people on here that prefer the RTI, slightly, mostly because of a slightly lower profile IIRC.

PB - I've used the RTI system for years and have been nothing but pleased with it. It is on every overt holster I own, which are actually all Safariland at the moment, and is super easy to swap holsters around for different guns or mounting options. I definitely recommend it. As long as you understand that it won't conceal too well on your hip (kind of obvious), it's a great platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Why is that? I read several people on here that prefer the RTI, slightly, mostly because of a slightly lower profile IIRC.

PB - I've used the RTI system for years and have been nothing but pleased with it. It is on every overt holster I own, which are actually all Safariland at the moment, and is super easy to swap holsters around for different guns or mounting options. I definitely recommend it. As long as you understand that it won't conceal too well on your hip (kind of obvious), it's a great platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The RTI system for me was always less stable than the QLS system I'm using now. I prefer Safarilands injection molding of their attachments over the Kydex of the G-Code belt slide, MOLLE adaptor, or belt drop.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have been using the RTI vehicle mounting system for a couple years, and it has worked well. It has been subjected to Texas heat, and extremely rough driving. The adhesive on the loop panel is still holding strong. The RTI platform is working very well for me in my vehicle. I just ordered another one for another vehicle.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I run the RTI system on my holsters and they work great for my needs. They have taken some abuse and I have had no problems since I started using them back in 2013. Initially, my only concern was over the long term reliability of the locking mechanism if left in the "unlocked" position for any length of time. While I have had no issues with the lockup or its reliability, it is the only component on the RTI system that I think could potentially be a point of failure before the other components. It should be noted that it is the only "moving" piece on the platform.

To clarify, in the picture below the mount is in the "locked" position and the locking mechanism is the two little nubs on the left. To unlock, one has to pinch the two nubs together and push inward which then allows a holster/pouch/gear/etc. with the RTI hanger to be inserted. To lock, one pushes on the locking tab from the right (which is exposed when the nubs are pushed in). Essentially, the locking mechanism uses the elasticity of the plastic nubs to hold the entire RTI system locked. It is a very simple and ingenious system in my opinion which has yet to fail on any of my equipment but I am just a normal guy so YMMV.

GCA90_RTI-Rotating-Tactical-Belt-Mount_Coyote-Tan.jpg

Feedback Score
    I love the RTI system. Man it's convenient for sure! I have compatible holsters for all of my pistols, and platforms on all of my gear. I say compatible holsters instead of Gcode holsters for a reason, though. They don't make holsters for all pistols. They have the hardware to make other holsters compatible with the system, such as Safariland and Bladetech. I had to use Bladetech for my P07 because they don't make one. The system is reliable and I've never had a problem. It's also very adjustable as to cant and where it can be mounted.

That all being said, forget it for concealment. It just rides too far out from your body. In my mind, this is a totally overt item. I'm sure others have other opinions, but that's mine.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm a fan of the RTI system for a few reasons. One is that I can use the same holster on several different mounting platforms (drop leg, belt mount etc). I also use a safariland holster on their RTI perfect drop belt mount every day. Its on my duty belt and it holds up to fights, chases, banging around cars, crime scenes etc. I am not easy on my stuff and its holding up fine.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Homie I have RTI holsters. I like them.

But I would not buy from G Code again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Homie I have RTI holsters. I like them.

But I would not buy from G Code again.
    Why is that?

I run the rti wheel and gcode holsters for everything, love them. Actually about 8 weeks in waiting on another m&p holster from gcode now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast