Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now that everyone is going back to 9mm, what's the street results?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
    I have been shooting 9MM for over 25 years, as well as .45ACP. I never went with the .40 S&W trend, and have many more 9MM's than .45 as it is my main caliber. I have confidence in the 9MM, and my ability with it, and glad to see the improvements in defense ammo over the years. My previous comment meant that many agencies do things for other reasons than effectiveness.
    If the effectiveness of the round firednis he same between calibers, why not go with the cheaper cost per round, increased capacity, reduced wear and tear on the guns. Yeah. It might be easier for some to qualify. But that's not the only reason.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Not "the streets" exactly but even 124gr NATO ball is effective if the shot placement is good. More, faster shots on target increases the likely hood of stopping a fight.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Not "the streets" exactly but even 124gr NATO ball is effective if the shot placement is good. More, faster shots on target increases the likely hood of stopping a fight.
    Handguns are quite shitty at killing things and stopping threats. So, as you stated, multiple shots on target, UNTIL THE THREAT IS STOPPED, are mandatory.

Or, use a long gun. Because handguns​ are shitty at killing things.....

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My agency re-authorized 9mm a few years ago. Standard issue is still 40 but you can buy your own 9mm or 45 (as long as it's a Glock). From what Ive noticed the people buying the 9mm are officers that have a hard time with qual and the officers who are gun guys.

We have had 3 or 4 shooting with the 9mm since then. As far as I know all of them have resulted in the bad guy DRT. All were done by more "tactically oriented" officers and had good shot placement. One that I pulled scene security on had multiple shots going through a car door and windshield and still being effective. The duty round is 124+P Gold Dot.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    I was one of the few to carry a 1911 in Israel, ammo was ball. It worked, when I worked. It failed, when I failed.

I was then forced to go to a Hi Power, ammo was super hot ball. It worked, when I worked. It failed, when I failed.

Shot placement is everything.

Only a fool, takes a pistol to a gun fight.

Feedback Score
    I worked a shooting where a guy got shot in the head with a .45 and 230 gr. ball and drove himself to the hospital and never lost consciousness. A couple weeks earlier I worked a suicide where a woman shot herself the exact same spot with a 9mm and 115 gr. ball and was DRT. Worked a murder where a guy got shot center mass with a .25 auto over a pork chop and was DRT. Shot placement and luck count way more then caliber. With 9mm I get a few more chances with both and given a heads up take a rifle as primary.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KiloSierra View Post
    Worked a murder where a guy got shot center mass with a .25 auto over a pork chop and was DRT.
    Don't be takin my poke chop.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    Don't be takin my poke chop.
    Yea, shooting someone with a .45 over a pork chop just isn't right.

But a .25 acp...I could see it. Must have been the last pork chop.

Feedback Score
    All I got to say is it better have been an awfully good pork chop.

Seriously though, the guy beat up his girlfriend all the time. The pork chop was just what sent her over the edge and it was goodbye Earl.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12