Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 11.5" mid

Feedback Score
    A dedicated suppressed only mid length gassed 11.5" AR is a valid combination with most full sized cans and proper porting for those.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I am interested to hear how it shoots. SLR gas blocks are outstanding if you need to go the adjustable route.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ty50 View Post

It appears that a 11.5" midlength is not a good idea as opposed to Carbine.
    As for 11.5", that's all Faxon had. I understand the cons to the midlenth after doing some reading.
    Should I send my newly bought Faxon mid 11.5" back and go with carbine? I'm sticking with the 11.5"

Thanx
    Did you consider Daniel Defense's 11.5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Did you consider Daniel Defense's 11.5?
    DD makes great barrels.

i have a DDM4V4 (11.5" carb length, with their pinned fixed gas block). works great without can. with can its overgassed, so recoils more and gets very dirty very quickly. even adding a H3 buffer and Sprinco Red isn't enough to cure it.

OTOH, if matched with a good adjustable gas block it might be perfect, although heavier than the faxon.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by feraldog View Post
    DD makes great barrels.

OTOH, if matched with a good adjustable gas block it might be perfect, although heavier than the faxon.
    I chose DD for my 11.5 build with an SLR S7 adjustable GB. So hopefully it runs well with the can. Whenever my can gains its freedom that is.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I chose DD for my 11.5 build with an SLR S7 adjustable GB. So hopefully it runs well with the can. Whenever my can gains its freedom that is.
    sounds like a winner, robert. now its just the wait....

Feedback Score
    If you want a carbine gassed 11.5" 5.56 upper that works well with or without a can, why not just use a KAC MOD2 upper Vs an over gassed base with a band aid adjustable gas? Most just need a simple buffer swap for what is considered a swap that is pretty much dedicated either way?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    If you want a carbine gassed 11.5" 5.56 upper that works well with or without a can, why not just use a KAC MOD2 upper Vs an over gassed base with a band aid adjustable gas? Most just need a simple buffer swap for what is considered a swap that is pretty much dedicated either way?
    Although I think the Mod 2 has the smallest GP available, don't you think a cut-down/custom barrel with a smaller GP is potentially better?

This is assuming running full-power 5.56

Feedback Score
    Yes, you can tailer it much better for the intended usage for a group as a whole and eliminate many other variables.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by feraldog View Post
    sounds like a winner, robert. now its just the wait....
    FD,
    I was pondering your comment when this thought struck me:

A woman can get pregnant and grow a human being inside her belly faster than it takes our government to approve a tax stamp for my next SBR or my can.

If that isn't the epitome of a soup sandwich with a side of FUBAR, I'm not sure what is. I've been waiting 11 months for my SBR stamps, I guess I was really, really fortunate or blessed when my first one was four months. I think I'm going to come up with a list of really complicated things you can do within the time it takes to get a stamp....

Sorry for the digression.

That KAC Mod 2 w/ MAMS is really a nice upper. When I built my 11.5 I didn't really think I was going to suppress it. Still not 100%, but the adj. GB was a just in case.

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast