Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 11.5" mid

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    Yes, you can tailer it much better for the intended usage for a group as a whole and eliminate many other variables.
    What would you say is the optimum GP diameter for an 11.5" carbine mostly suppressed + Vltor A5H3/H4?

0.067?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Scooter did you see this? It's not 11.5, but it's got a good gas port size. I know JW, he is GTG 110%.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...k-rail-DD-buis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Scooter did you see this? It's not 11.5, but it's got a good gas port size. I know JW, he is GTG 110%.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...k-rail-DD-buis

I've seen it and spoken to him about it. Would be neat, but I don't have a need for a dedicated suppressed gun right now.

Thanks for lookin out!

Feedback Score
    If you think that a simple SBR is consuming, look at the US Patent office.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    What would you say is the optimum GP diameter for an 11.5" carbine mostly suppressed + Vltor A5H3/H4?

0.067?
    When your able to select a gas port size, I would want that buffer mass to be a A5H2 base system. I do not prefer to use heavier weights unless there is another issue in the system to baindaid it with a heavier buffer. The most when suppressed in smaller port barrels I will run is the A5H3, and I personally do not want to run the A4 weight for any reason in a properly ported barrel... really you should have no need to even suppressed. And the A4 feels much worse in my opinion.

.067 should work well for your needs to run without a can. Your ammo choice may allow you to run this port smaller with excellent results. Using a A5H2 and a Colt rifle spring is what I would choose for that unsuppressed base. And from my findings running quality ammo, I would just cut down a 12.5 Centurion barrel to 11.5 and that has a .065 gas port. That's what I would do if building a 11.5 right now. With running quality 5.56 ammo, using a A5H2 and a Colt spring, you will be happy with that combo. And when suppressed if you desired, toss in an A5H3 as that will lend excellent results with that setup.

I also want to point out that not every barrel with a set port size runs the same. These are some of my findings from barrels I have run and may not be the same for all.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 05-20-17 at 21:14.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    If you think that a simple SBR is consuming, look at the US Patent office.
    Tom,
    I can't even imagine how long it takes to have a patent approved. I would guess years, as in "several" years.
    Good thing Henry Ford and the likes of him weren't faced with such FUBAR bureaucratic incompetence or we'd still be using prairie schooners.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    When your able to select a gas port size, I would want that buffer mass to be a A5H2 base system. I do not prefer to use heavier weights unless there is another issue in the system to baindaid it with a heavier buffer. The most when suppressed in smaller port barrels I will run is the A5H3, and I personally do not want to run the A4 weight for any reason in a properly ported barrel... really you should have no need to even suppressed. And the A4 feels much worse in my opinion.

.067 should work well for your needs to run without a can. Your ammo choice may allow you to run this port smaller with excellent results. Using a A5H2 and a Colt rifle spring is what I would choose for that unsuppressed base. And from my findings running quality ammo, I would just cut down a 12.5 Centurion barrel to 11.5 and that has a .065 gas port. That's what I would do if building a 11.5 right now. With running quality 5.56 ammo, using a A5H2 and a Colt spring, you will be happy with that combo. And when suppressed if you desired, toss in an A5H3 as that will lend excellent results with that setup.

I also want to point out that not every barrel with a set port size runs the same. These are some of my findings from barrels I have run and may not be the same for all.
    Pretty much this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Tom,
    I can't even imagine how long it takes to have a patent approved. I would guess years, as in "several" years.
    Good thing Henry Ford and the likes of him weren't faced with such FUBAR bureaucratic incompetence or we'd still be using prairie schooners.

Yeah, many years and lots of money.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123