Thread: Glock 19 Supressed Issues

Feedback Score

Glock 19 Supressed Issues

Hey everyone!
    I just bought a Glock 19 today and took it to the range. I am running a Oemga 45 K Supressor on it and while shooting 115gr PMC I got a stovepipe every round. While shooting 124gr Blazer I got 6 light primer strikes. Has anyone else had this issue before? When I took the supressor off it was running fine. I ran about 600 rounds today, so I definitely put it through it’s paces. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm following this with interest. are you using a direct thread or with a Neilsen device? Pics of set up?
    how old is your recoil spring?
    Last edited by joeg26er; 01-27-18 at 20:13.

Feedback Score
    It’s direct thread. The gun should be brand new as I just bought it today. I’m guessing the spring would also be brand new.

Feedback Score
    how does the gun function without the silencer?
    Light primer strikes are either a bad striker spring or bad ammo.
    I cant think of any way a silencer would cause light strikes.

Also, if you pull the silencer out (the direction bullets fly when shot), does the silencer move out a bit? it should be on a piston that allows it to move back and forth. or is it solidly in place?

Feedback Score
    The silencer is on a piston and doesn’t move when you take it off in that direction. I agree about the light primer strikes, but when the supressor was off I had no issues for 200 rounds. The minute I put the supressor back on I had light primer strikes all over again...weird. The ammo wasn’t high quality, but it shouldn’t have been a problem for a Glock. PMC (115gr.) and Remington (124gr) are usually fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dsteed08 View Post
    The silencer is on a piston and doesn’t move when you take it off in that direction. I agree about the light primer strikes, but when the supressor was off I had no issues for 200 rounds. The minute I put the supressor back on I had light primer strikes all over again...weird. The ammo wasn’t high quality, but it shouldn’t have been a problem for a Glock. PMC (115gr.) and Remington (124gr) are usually fine.
    The silencer should slide out and spring back. I doubt its related to your issue, just an observation.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Try pulling forward on the silencer(as if toward the target). You should feel the spring compress and and the silencer should spring back. If not there is a problem or it may not have been assembled properly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Try pulling forward on the silencer(as if toward the target). You should feel the spring compress and and the silencer should spring back. If not there is a problem or it may not have been assembled properly.
    Good call on the suppressor not functioning properly. It was installed correctly but the piston was too stiff, so it wasn't moving. After greasing it up a little it's moving way better. May not fix the problem, but certainly wasn't helping.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Good call on the suppressor not functioning properly. It was installed correctly but the piston was too stiff, so it wasn't moving. After greasing it up a little it's moving way better. May not fix the problem, but certainly wasn't helping.

Thanks!
    This- it was either not being used with the Nielsen device or the Nielsen was not functioning properly

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks!
    Agreed there.

FWIW, in my experience Glocks are poor suppressor hosts and seem to have more issues (painting with a broad brush) when firing suppressed than other quality, proven guns.