I have recently picked up a Daniels Defence .308 with 18" barrel. I am thinking I want to put a scope on it with 3-15 (or similar) power. This is a very lightweight and well balanced rifle, so if there were two similar scopes and one was lighter weight, I would lean in that direction. My priorities are: clear glass, durability, and nice reticle (prefer mil with mil adjustments). Zero stop is also a desirable feature. Illuminated reticle is nice, but not a deal breaker.
I have handled a Nightforce and Steiner 3-15 (I'm not sure of model numbers) and liked both of them for different reasons.
I am not a newby to good glass. I currently have magnified optics by Schmidt and Bender, Premier Reticles, Nightforce, and Leupold... however; I know there are newer things out there and want to buy a scope that will be with me for a long time.
I am not really concerned with the price of the optic. Good glass doesn't come cheap, but I also like to get a good deal. I have no problem buying a good scope used.
Thanks for your advice!