Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: M4 and Scope + Rain

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Alright, look, he's a new member and may not know and is asking for help. Don't attack him and simply provide some advice. You all had your fun so be done with it.
    'attacking'? Good grief it's a little ball busting and he gets the idea firearms are meant to be used in all kinds of weather. I doubt he's a snowflake running for a safe space over these 'attacks'.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatchoslav View Post
    'attacking'? Good grief it's a little ball busting and he gets the idea firearms are meant to be used in all kinds of weather. I doubt he's a snowflake running for a safe space over these 'attacks'.
    You should get the point and it's not debatable.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ooting+in+rain

OP, you will get pounded here for not using the search function. I read for about 2 years before I even signed up. If you have a question, be sure to search it out first, it will save you the headache.

They have lightened up some from 2006 era when I first started poking around. You can spend hours a day as a sponge soaking up the knowledge here.

Tough place, but the juice is worth the squeeze.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Simple, buy a product called cat crap(it's really what they call it), spray some on your lens before you hit the range and stop worrying.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ooting+in+rain

OP, you will get pounded here for not using the search function. I read for about 2 years before I even signed up. If you have a question, be sure to search it out first, it will save you the headache.

They have lightened up some from 2006 era when I first started poking around. You can spend hours a day as a sponge soaking up the knowledge here.

Tough place, but the juice is worth the squeeze.
    Yep. All of it. I've been away for about a year from here and it's the same. I'd rather post dumb questions here than TOS because here I am likely to get an informed answer whereas a mall ninja'd answer on TOS.
    Last edited by Jpoe88; 05-20-17 at 15:14.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Simple, buy a product called cat crap(it's really what they call it), spray some on your lens before you hit the range and stop worrying.
    I looked this stuff up. For the most part it sounds good, but I was a bit concerned about the "polish lenses" part. As I'm sure you already know lens coatings are bit less than robust, How has this stuff worked out for you in that regard?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I looked this stuff up. For the most part it sounds good, but I was a bit concerned about the "polish lenses" part. As I'm sure you already know lens coatings are bit less than robust, How has this stuff worked out for you in that regard?
    I have used it on motorcycle helmets and safety glasses with fair results. Only time I have had my factory scope coating defeated is when I have taken my rifle from indoors or out of the truck into an uncontrolled environment (outdoors).

If you can seal the ends of the scope while it warms to ambient temps (bikini cover or similar) you will have much less fogging.

I used to do this with cameras and electronics. Place in a plastic sealed ziplock bag and keep sealed until warmed up to temps. This prevents an exposed cool place for water to condensate.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 05-20-17 at 23:16.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I don't know what they mean by polish but it's nothing abrasive. It just puts a thin barrier on top of the glass like rainx for your scope. It comes off with some eye glass cleaner.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks guys

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234