Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any opinions on the LaserMax Spartans?

Feedback Score

Any opinions on the LaserMax Spartans?

LaserMax has this pistol attachment that is a combination of a light and a red (or green, which would be my preference) laser, which are independantly controlled.

I would really like a combo light/green visible laser attachment for my open carry pistol, but I'm not very familiar with lights or lasers so I'm not really sure whether or not it's a good buy.

Here's a link to the specific product I'm looking at: https://www.lasermax.com/products/ra...lasers/sps-c-g

Any recommendations for a comparable product, preferably within about $300, if this one isn't a good buy?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I would look at the Streamlight TLR2 or the Surfire equivalent. Both are right around that price the Streamlight being a little less. You will get a proven product and it will be easier to get a holster.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have one, as well as Crimson Trace RailMax Pro and Surefire x400.

Lasermax Spartan:
    + lowest price of 3, it works, smallest form factor, lowest to bore axis, low pro on AR, AAA battery
    - cheap,polymer construction, battle door cover flimsy, must remove to change battery, questionable return to zero after change, easy to accidentally activate (switch us uber sensitive), no holster options, mint green LED is weak

CT Rail Max Pro:
    + it works, alum construction, too blocky for low pro AR use (but it works), easy CR12 lithium batter change while mounted on weapon (no loss of zero), best of 3 for a pistol (subcompact to full size: used on G19, G17, USP, M&P9/45, several holster options available for most semi-auto pistols, 100 lumen white light is satisfactory
    - none

Surefire:
    + best in class (brightest white light, strongest laser) as usual & expected, professional quality, good battery life
    - uber pricey in green, bulkiest in group, no non-custom holster options for x400 (x300 holster will not work properly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowski87 View Post
    I would look at the Streamlight TLR2 or the Surfire equivalent. Both are right around that price the Streamlight being a little less. You will get a proven product and it will be easier to get a holster.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    The TLR2 was suggested to me by someone else, too. I know Streamlight has an awesome reputation. I couldn't find a version with a green laser anywhere, though. Is my google-fu just broken?

Quote Originally Posted by mpardun View Post
    I have one, as well as Crimson Trace RailMax Pro and Surefire x400.

Lasermax Spartan:
    + lowest price of 3, it works, smallest form factor, lowest to bore axis, low pro on AR, AAA battery
    - cheap,polymer construction, battle door cover flimsy, must remove to change battery, questionable return to zero after change, easy to accidentally activate (switch us uber sensitive), no holster options, mint green LED is weak

CT Rail Max Pro:
    + it works, alum construction, too blocky for low pro AR use (but it works), easy CR12 lithium batter change while mounted on weapon (no loss of zero), best of 3 for a pistol (subcompact to full size: used on G19, G17, USP, M&P9/45, several holster options available for most semi-auto pistols, 100 lumen white light is satisfactory
    - none

Surefire:
    + best in class (brightest white light, strongest laser) as usual & expected, professional quality, good battery life
    - uber pricey in green, bulkiest in group, no non-custom holster options for x400 (x300 holster will not work properly.
    I'll have to look in to the CT Rail Max Pro. I don't mind if it's too bulky for on an AR, since I'm just putting it on a pistol, but that is definitely good to know... The CR123 battery is another plus, since I have other stuff that uses that battery, too. I'm planning to put whatever I end up getting on a SIG P320. I'm not wanting to go much over 100-150 lumens. Much brighter and I can't see very well in low-light.

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll definitely do some research on them.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yes, the TLR-2G is green.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Please note is is a Cr2 (typo)...not CR123. Veridian is the other laser manufacturer that uses this smaller than CR123 size. Good battery life. ~$2 each on Amazon for Duracell.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mpardun View Post
    Please note is is a Cr2 (typo)...not CR123. Veridian is the other laser manufacturer that uses this smaller than CR123 size. Good battery life. ~$2 each on Amazon for Duracell.
    Oh, gotcha. That's my bad. From what I could find on it, it seems like a really nice solution, as does the TLR-2G that mig1nc just mentioned. I think between the two I kinda would rather go with the TLR-2G, since it seems to be a little less expensive? Any thoughts?

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Another great option is the Crimson Trace Laserguard Pro, they just came out with units for full size Glocks. I've never figured out how to activate the button on the side of like a TLR-6 quickly and reliably as part of my draw. I can do it but it's so slow and cumbersome. Lights with a button that can be pressed as part of your normal firing grip are ideal. A surefire X300 with DG switch is excellent but pretty large. The Laserguard Pro is sort of a sized-down concealed carry version.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Another great option is the Crimson Trace Laserguard Pro, they just came out with units for full size Glocks. I've never figured out how to activate the button on the side of like a TLR-6 quickly and reliably as part of my draw. I can do it but it's so slow and cumbersome. Lights with a button that can be pressed as part of your normal firing grip are ideal. A surefire X300 with DG switch is excellent but pretty large. The Laserguard Pro is sort of a sized-down concealed carry version.
    This is going on a SIG P320 Compact for open carry.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m44patriot View Post
    Oh, gotcha. That's my bad. From what I could find on it, it seems like a really nice solution, as does the TLR-2G that mig1nc just mentioned. I think between the two I kinda would rather go with the TLR-2G, since it seems to be a little less expensive? Any thoughts?
    They are all good options from $170 to $750. I used to have a non-laser streamlight...then bought surefire x Series and never looked back. Chevy/Ford vs. Porsche. Not a debate worth getting in - simply buy the best you can afford.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast