Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad Night In A Bad Inn--My Turn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Bad Night In A Bad Inn--My Turn

Watching things implode with my son's marriage, probably losing contact ( indefinitely) with my grandson, watching the good guys get hammered with PC lies in a "justice" system--WTF???

I am past the biblical three score and ten, wishing that I had been lucky enough to come back from SEA in a box and avoid all this.

As a hardheaded Catholic I don't think it right to speed up my exit--but I wouldn't wish for this stuff on my worst enemy. What the HELL is wrong with us???

It sure sucks to be an American man in 2017.

My sympathies to anyone else who has been there, got the tee shirt!!!
    Last edited by Dienekes; 05-18-17 at 23:21.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Amen, brother. Dinosaurs in our time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I am truly sorry for your families troubles... hold fast.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Watching things implode with my son's marriage, probably losing contact ( indefinitely) with my grandson, watching the good guys get hammered with PC lies in a "justice system--WTF???

I am past the biblical three score and seven, wishing that I had been lucky enough to come back from SEA in a box and avoid all this.

As a hardheaded Catholic I don't think it right to speed up my exit--but I wouldn't wish for this stuff on my worst enemy. What the HELL is wrong with us???

It sure sucks to be an American man in 2017.

My sympathies to anyone else who has been there, got the tee shirt!!!
    I am older than you and one thing (maybe the only thing, LOL) I have learned in this life is that it goes in cycles - some good, some bad. Nothing stays the same forever. Hang in there, brother.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I cannot express my hatred of divorce and the pain it causes. Walked with our daughter through hers and now several years later she has a wonderful Christian husband who is a real blessing to our family.
    I can only imagine your pain and frustration. Turn to the one who is your creator and redeemer, who knows you and loves you more than you can imagine. He will be your strength and your provision. He is able!
    My prayers are with you and your family.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Divorce is terrible. Especially because it affects so many people, and it's never really over.

As to the PC crap, I hear you there too. Agree with others- hold fast against the storm, and keep a level head. I'm half your age, and often feel the same way you do. Not to worry, there are still places for folks like us in the world. I take great comfort in the fact that there are still good people in the world, quietly working behind the scenes to hold things together, even if it's only in their tiny corner. I try every day to earn my place among them.
    Last edited by sevenhelmet; 05-18-17 at 20:38.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    Sorry you have to see loved ones go though that. Don't let the stuff on TV add to your misery, there's some decent people out there. As for the family troubles... the rain stop at so point, and you never know what great things are around the bend. Hang in there. A lot of good people around here.

Prayers sent.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    A few years ago it was pointed out to me that I spend the majority of my time having conversations that haven't happened yet. I'll receive an email and immediately begin planning my response, then their response, then my retaliation. Then my explanation to my boss. I also spent a great deal of time harboring resentments walking around furious at all of the people that I so righteously hated, thinking about what I should have said or what I would say when I saw them next.

On September 11, 2001 a little under 3,000 people woke up without a clue that it would be the last day they would ever have. I wonder how many of them spent their breakfast, commute on the train, or drive to the airport in the same state I lived for so long- embroiled with resentments, fear, and anger- about a situation that would never take place for them? How many of them spent their last morning thinking about the very much not guaranteed future.

Any time I find myself living in the future I look down at my feet and remind myself where I am. The present is the greatest gift you'll ever get, and when we think in terms of past, present, and future- they are all at one point in time just the present. I am also fully convinced that the present is the only place that God lives, and it's probably the safest place for me to live as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foU1qgOdtwg
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Divorce is hell, especially on the kids. Be there for the grandkid(s) that are caught in the crossfire is the best advice I have. My parents are divorced, and my wife's parents are divorced. We had our ups and downs early on, but I think knowing what happens to everyone made us work at it that much harder. After 23 years all I know is the last thing I would want to do is throw those 23 years away.

I find myself more and more loving my country, but hating my government. Hopefully the truth comes out, and cooler heads prevail. It would be nice if Trump didn't give them more fuel for the fire than is really needed. The lies and ignorance coming from the left is insane, but all they're doing is slowly driving solid middle American Democrats away from them. I hope the commie bastards keep up the good work of driving people away. If they happen to go full retard in the meantime then the tree of liberty gets its thirst quenched a little more quickly than anticipated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    Dont take it so personal. Cant turn a ho into a housewife. Or any wife. Modern women are a good time but not suitable for something old fashioned like marrying.

Your son found out the hard way but the sun will come up tomorrow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast