Thread: I'm a bit stuck

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    Thank you

@ chief8489
    @ dmd08
    @ robertthetexan

Still trying to figure out a buffer weight for a bcm upper.
    A h buffer will most likely serve you well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you @chief8489

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    I thought you ment the kit which is what Google gave me.
    I would listen to what these guys are saying about the A5 system. There are a lot of our SME's, our forum experts that use The A5 system exclusively. Be it Vltor A5 (originators I think) BCM Intermediate RE, or my personal favorite Magpul SR25/MK110, or A5. I believe I saw a post from IG (IraqGunz) saying that's all he uses. The guy who taught me almost everything about building AR's only uses A5's and he's had a lot of experience on the two way shooting range . His word usually is The Word for me. Do forum search and you'll find a boatload of threads all about the A5. It's all I run. My SPR has a rifle length RE, but that was an exception. Even my LR308 is using a Magpul A5(the SR25/MK110 RE)
    I usually only buy the kit if I come across a really good buy, which keep your eyes open, Wigbones often posts A5 kits on the E&E and his prices are always very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I have to wonder why this is being over thought so much?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I have to wonder why this is being over thought so much?
    Because I need one rifle to fill many roles and I don't want a dozen parts around I can't use or even sell as many won't want them.

Like I said I need a buffer weight to go with an upper (that I mentioned) that can fire every possible round of 223/556 out there.

Closest answer I got was an h and I'm still undecided on the trigger. Got great insight on the rra and it seems a split on the alg and geissele.

Over thought, it's what I do before I spend anything.

Feedback Score
    I'd add a vote for the G2S. You won't find a much better bang for your buck. As far as the buffer, maybe give one of these a shot...

KAK configurable buffer

Test it at a bunch of different weights and see what performs best. Plus, you end up with some extra weights laying around for tweaks with other rifles. Really, the price is pretty reasonable for all you get.
    Last edited by Kdubya; 05-21-17 at 01:47. Reason: Fixed link
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Another vote for G2S and A5. The stuff is quality and just works.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If I was building it for me, I'd go ALG ACT for single stage or for two stage, I'd go with one of the Geissele offerings. RRA isn't even close to being on my radar.

I also go with the Vltor A5 system with an A5 H2 buffer and Springco Green action spring. You'll be able to handle a wide variety of loadings with that system.

Good luck with the build and please be sure to give us a range report.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Use the Geissele G2S.

Get an A5 receiver extension with an A5H2 buffer.

Anything else and you're fooling yourself over junk. This is something that should only require 30 seconds of forethought.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Geissele triggers often go on sale, picked up both of mine for $180 each. There is a holiday coming up, I'm sure there will be plenty of sales just have your list of parts ready and shop around.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast