Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I'm a bit stuck

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    Because I need one rifle to fill many roles and I don't want a dozen parts around I can't use or even sell as many won't want them.

Like I said I need a buffer weight to go with an upper (that I mentioned) that can fire every possible round of 223/556 out there.

Closest answer I got was an h and I'm still undecided on the trigger. Got great insight on the rra and it seems a split on the alg and geissele.

Over thought, it's what I do before I spend anything.

Any extra parts can always turn into a rifle!!

As guys on here how many times a few extra parts became an excuse to build a new rifle. I have!

Feedback Score
    When I built my midlength, I started with an H buffer and it it ran great with all the ammo I put in it. It felt like it wS running a little hard so I put an H2 buffer in it and it still ran all the different ammo I put in it. The H2 buffer softened up the cycle nicely.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The ALG with the light Spring is an awesome go-to trigger. Very refined, a little lighter than USGI and very smooth with virtually no creep or slop. For a little more money, get the SSA or a LaRue MBT. I picked up an MBT during the Easter Sale and its worth a lot more than I paid for it! I actually find it to be a little more crisp than the SSA/Super Tricon/SD-C.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If I was building one carbine for everything it would have an SSA in it, that's a no brainer. I was building cutting edge for a few years, until I found what works for me. Interestingly, all of my rifles are ver similar as far as components. BCM uppers, Troy BUIS, T-1's, and A-5's are all safe bets.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm right there with you! I use some ACOGs and Leupolds in addition to T1s though. Troys are my go to, KAC are nice but I feel that Troy really 'perfected' folding sights that look and operate just like the standard carry handle and FSB.
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    If I was building one carbine for everything it would have an SSA in it, that's a no brainer. I was building cutting edge for a few years, until I found what works for me. Interestingly, all of my rifles are ver similar as far as components. BCM uppers, Troy BUIS, T-1's, and A-5's are all safe bets.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'd get an H buffer to start, but wouldn't obsess. You may find some ammo that won't work with it, in which case you just buy a different buffer. They're cheap, and take about 30 seconds to switch out. As to triggers...it's all about personal preference. Geisele is great. Most of my rifles have SSA's, but the most recent has an ALG ACT. At 1/3 the price of the SSA and given the relative performance, that's the only way I'm going from now on.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    You might have missed this in all of these years, but most midlengths to include the BCM will run perfectly fine with at least an H and many will work with an H2.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I'd get an H buffer to start, but wouldn't obsess. You may find some ammo that won't work with it, in which case you just buy a different buffer. They're cheap, and take about 30 seconds to switch out. As to triggers...it's all about personal preference. Geisele is great. Most of my rifles have SSA's, but the most recent has an ALG ACT. At 1/3 the price of the SSA and given the relative performance, that's the only way I'm going from now on.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    You might have missed this in all of these years, but most midlengths to include the BCM will run perfectly fine with at least an H and many will work with an H2.
    ?? Uh...yes, of course.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    You can use any stock you want, it doesn't have to be a Vltor or ever their kit. I use BCM 10 position RE, A5H2 buffer, a Sprinco Green spring and an MI QD end plate.
    Do this. he is just talking about their buffer system, not stock. If your not familiar , read up on Vltor A5 buffers and go that route.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234