Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PA 2.5x or Holosun 406A

Feedback Score
    My astigmatism isn't too terrible I'd say it's moderate, I've looked through a Trijicon and a few other red dot styles and it's kind of hard too pick up if I'm speed shooting but taking time too focus I'm alright I decided on the Leupold 1.5-4 ar mod 1 with the fire dot I think it will suit my needs just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Remington M700p .308
    • Colt M4 Carbine .556
    • Henry Big Boy .45 Colt
    • M&P Shield9

Feedback Score
    I have a 3 prong approach to dealing with astigmatism, and red dots. Toric contact lenses, more eye relief, and lowering the brightness setting. I remember with my first RDS, I took it out the box, turned it on, looked through it, and saw a watery blob even with my toric lenses on, and was pretty discouraged. I mounted it as far forward as I could on the receiver, turned down the brightness, and was pleasantly surprised it was quite usable at the range.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    2.5x the worst of both worlds...too much magnification to be fast up close, too little magnification to target discriminate and shoot at distance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    2.5x the worst of both worlds...too much magnification to be fast up close, too little magnification to target discriminate and shoot at distance.
    Exactly.
    I have a Vortex Spitfire 3x on a beater/loaner rifle and I would not go any less on a fixed magnification optic. You just don't get enough out of it. That being said, I have not tried any of the 1x prism optics like the leupold one or the 1x Spitfire. I could see those 1x scopes working well on a pistol caliber carbine.
    Keep in mind even .5X makes a noticeable difference in magnification. My 3.5x ACOG feels more like a 4x after looking through the vortex.

InRangeTv (on youtube and Full30) did a review of the Primary Arms 2.5x optic with the ACSS. In short they said "not good up close and not good a distance"
    And they said the BDC of the ACSS is crowded because of the low magnification. There is not enough magnification to make the BDC usable and the dots that mark the hold overs cover the target too much. They said quality of the optic was very good for the price but the total package wasn't super useful for their purposes.
    Last edited by Fly8791; 07-28-17 at 12:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There is a Holosun (Primary Arms) torture test that a guy from Trucks and Guns did.

https://www.trucksandguns.com/holosu...-torture-test/

Pretty damn tough and well worth the price.

...and when he sent it back once he"killed" it. All it needed was a battery replacement....lol

https://www.facebook.com/holosunopti...1067735973315/
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 08-10-17 at 13:09.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12