Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CZ 75

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've owned many CZ's over the years, still have one, a pre-B 75 converted by Angus Hobdell to SAO. Judging by my bullet orders back when I was competing with it, it must have 10,000+ rounds through it. The only time it's given me any trouble is when I was screwing around with springs. I wore out one sear and several magazines, no breakages. I do keep a spare slide stop with it.
    My son has a CZ .22 bolt action rifle that is also fabulous.

Feedback Score
    Other than the polymer frame, are the P-07/P-09 mechanically similar to the CZ-75?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Other than the polymer frame, are the P-07/P-09 mechanically similar to the CZ-75?
    Yes and no. The Shadow is, not so much the 07/09 series. The barrel lockup on the 07/9 series is SIG like, unlike the browning style SP01. Also the Omega trigger on the 07 is simpler and has only one transfer bar. It is simpler to detail strip and work on. (All CZs need polishing). The std trigger system is a tad more refined and when customized and worked on, can be better. It is harder to detail strip, but in the manual safety version, it is not bad. The grip on the 07/9 series is thin and flat sided. IMO not as ergonomic, but still good. Both series are highly accurate and reliable, and have a well earned reputation as such.

The whole CZ line has become MUCH more accessible than it was 10 years ago, with parts and customizers available as well as holsters and sights that just were NOT available when I got into them.

As they come, their triggers are very useable and shootable, but somewhat unrefined. Because of the 'hammer hooks', a decent safety measure but introduces staging, and because the machining is somewhat imprecise, can be creepy. Also, because of the way the FP block works, it adds another bit of creepiness.

I find the safety model is more versatile than some might think. They are easily decocked safely with the practiced use of the off-hand thumb. Some freak out at this, but unnecessarily so. The safety is normally a bit light and sometimes mushy on the CZ 75.

Ironically, the Italians adopted a better trigger system (Tanfoglio) in their clone of the CZ 75.

The MP 2.0 seems to be a big improvement over the previous version. Should be totally reliable, but may not still be as accurate as the CZ.

Unfortunately, too many salesmen in LGS are not knowledgeable and don't come off of opinionated, uninformed biases and pushes. In a word, unprofessional.
    Last edited by m4brian; 05-22-17 at 13:06.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12