Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now it's cheap...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Now it's cheap...

I just bought Federal Gold Medal Match .308 (168gr) from PSA for $16/box.

.22lr is back around 6¢/round.

Being in California, I've been stockpiling in anticipation of the end of online ammo purchases, and the market couldn't be crashing at a better time...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yeah man...It's definitely a good time to be stocking up ammo and reloading comps! SG's gonna be seeing some of my cash in the near future...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Good to hear.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My gosh. JUST hung the phone up after telling a friend to buy ammo NOW, its a buyers market, yada yada...then click on M4C & the first thing I see is this thread!
    Yes, as I told him..BUY NOW...guy at SGAMMO said he is selling some ammo cheaper now than when he started in 2001!
    Im getting whilst the getting is good. All the hard to finds like Federal HST & Gold Dots & TAP & MEN,ect..are available now.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Like the guys over at TFL say: Buy it cheap, and stack it deep.

Given where California's going, I'm aiming to stockpile somewhere between a 10-year supply and a lifetime supply of ammo. (I'm 43 years old).

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    This too shall pass.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ^^^ this is where I am at as well. After loading about 1000 rounds of 9mm and .223 this last month and blasting it all away I don't know if it's worth it.

I do save about 50% but damn it's a lot of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I just figure that someday I'll need more brass, and lately been to busy to reload anyway so cheap ammo works for me right now. Hell wolf gold for less than.30 delivered starting to remind me of the pre obummer yrs.

Feedback Score
    Buy now for plinking and reload it later. Unshot brass really hasn't dropped too much, yet ammo has. Time vs Fun!
    Bulk up ya all. Spend cold rainy, snowy days in the reloading room. Good days, blast that cheap factory ammo.
    Happy Independence Day to all!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooperboy View Post
    Buy now for plinking and reload it later. Unshot brass really hasn't dropped too much, yet ammo has. Time vs Fun!
    Bulk up ya all. Spend cold rainy, snowy days in the reloading room. Good days, blast that cheap factory ammo.
    Happy Independence Day to all!
    I am taking a different route. I have been stocked up on enough reloading supplies for some time to make all the training ammo I could need for a good while. My gun club manager can get powder and primers when NOBODY has them. I've gotten into LR shooting and she was able to score me 16lbs of H4350 back when there was months of no H4350 to be found anywhere. This was also at a cheaper price than anything I could order. I was real tempted to put it on SH and make a lick, but I know how long a drought can last and I needed it.

What I have been doing lately is watching out for sales on SHTF ammo. Local Cabelas had a few cases of BH 77gr TMK 5,56mm that I snagged here and there with coupons they send me. It was cheaper with coupons buying in store than ordering online. They also usually keep a good stock of Hornady 75gr Steel Match at a decent price with coupons. This stuff shoots ungodly great in my 2 LMT LM8MRPSC's. I've also been stocking up on BH 5,56mm 50gr and 62gr TSX at PSA local with their first responder discount. I'm working on a healthy nest egg of good duty type ammo. Another LE supply shop somewhat local usually has damn good pricing on Federal HST and Gold Dot ammo. Now that PSA has the Hornady 168gr ELD match I have been stocking up on it and the 178gr ELD-X, as well as 6.5cm ammo. I have plenty of stuff to load my own precision rifle ammo, but I do like to keep a healthy stash of premium factory match ammo. Locally PSA will every now and then do a instore sale of M118LR loose pack for $389ish. It is normally $549. I usually grab a case or two or it when they put it on sale. I love being in driving distance to half a dozen PSA's. The Greenville store currently has a pallet of CCI SV 22lr sitting right by the door as you walk it. It is almost a better site than the welcome girls at the door of upscale strip clubs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast