Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why the Glock 9mm

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    That was a good article. Personally, I enjoy shooting a .45, it is just fun. For carry--all 9mm. I started out carrying .40 but after getting my first 9mm I was able to better control follow up shots in a faster manner. 9mm Magazine capacity is better to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    The single greatest article on the subject was written by M4C Member, USMC_03.

It's located here: http://www.03designgroup.com/technot...-glock-why-9mm
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    A little off topic...

What I love is that when I'm dating a lady and she's a shooter, nine times out of ten she's got a .380.

When I let her shoot my Glock 17, and she finds out it's easier to shoot than her pocket .380, and the ammo is cheaper and more powerful, I'm always amused at how fast that .380 ends up for sale so she can purchase a 9mm Glock.

One thing I'd have to say though: when I shot IDPA with a .45 caliber 1911 I always scored better than with a 9mm Glock. The reason: trigger. It's hard to beat the 1911 single action trigger, but that's the only thing that I prefer on a 1911 versus a Glock.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Sorry wrong thread, my apologies.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    What I gather from this is that people named Rob are wrong. People named Paul and Bill are right.
    Last edited by Scrubber3; 07-11-17 at 07:14.

Feedback Score
    Interesting to see perspectives from people who shoot both for once.
    "We invaded, built pizza huts, installed wifi, and drew d*cks on everything. We pretty much won."
    Instagram: whiskey_actual_

Feedback Score
    deleted.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 01-08-19 at 03:15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    The single greatest article on the subject was written by M4C Member, USMC_03.

It's located here: http://www.03designgroup.com/technot...-glock-why-9mm
    Not trying to step out of bounds with reviving an old thread, but this was a good article, and I agreed with it 100%. I was just having this 9v45 debate with a buddy.. and had sort of felt like it had been put to bed a few years ago. I’m actually a fan of ‘use what you like, what works for you‘. I hate when some folks get super condescending about their preferences, if you have differing opinions. ..but the 9mm is better. . He he

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    That was a good article. Personally, I enjoy shooting a .45, it is just fun. For carry--all 9mm. I started out carrying .40 but after getting my first 9mm I was able to better control follow up shots in a faster manner. 9mm Magazine capacity is better to boot.

This. I carried a compact .45 for 20 years. 7 in the gun, 6 in the spare mag. Thought I had it covered; until I really considered the situation -- what if you have a Luby's Cafeteria, mass shooter, or gang situation? You can get to slide lock in three seconds.

Now I shoot my full size .45 1911s at the range. Good fun. I like the history, the feel of John Browning's steel.

But on the street, it's an M&P9.
    Last edited by Uni-Vibe; 06-04-20 at 14:32.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12