Thread: Sean Hannity and USAA

Feedback Score

Sean Hannity and USAA

Has anyone been following the angst and turmoil created by USAA pulling their advertising from the Sean Hannity show last week, while leaving their advertising dollars with certain MSNBC shows? WOW. I didn't even know that USAA had its own forum. I logged on and there is roughly 250 pages of posts with members giving USAA the what for and venting their disgust. To me, it looks like USAA caved to the Left and Media Matters. I'm following the herd, (with my own assessment) and pulling my accounts from USAA. I feel their service has been going down hill for years and their prices are no longer the best.

It appears that USAA has some leftist board members and a few months ago, they hired a French (???!!! why???) advertising company. Apparently, the French company has different values than do most USAA members. Since I joined USAA in the 1980s, it has significantly changed and in my opinion, not for the better.

The world just keeps getting crazier and crazier.
    Last edited by Elkhound; 05-29-17 at 09:14.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

"The nine most terrifying words in the english language are 'I'm from the Government and I'm here to help'." Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Where is this forum??

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Board looks heavily stacked by military: https://www.usaa.com/inet/wc/about_u...kredirect=true

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    USAA sure as sh@* isn't the company they were five yrs. ago. Nowhere close to the co. they were 10-20yrs. ago.

Dropped their asses for most things.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    USAA sure as sh@* isn't the company they were five yrs. ago. Nowhere close to the co. they were 10-20yrs. ago.

Dropped their asses for most things.
    AMEN, they turned left the last 5-10 years or so. Following them pulling their advertisement from Hannity , I cut up their card. Frig THEM!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    Board looks heavily stacked by military: https://www.usaa.com/inet/wc/about_u...kredirect=true
    I would venture to say most of the military officers I know, mainly the careerists, have some left leanings.

USAA isn't the company I first joined in 2006. I don't use them for anything these days.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been a USAA member for over 30 years, and they've always provided great service.

I don't give a damn where they advertise, but I assume placing ads on shows watched largely by people who are already USAA members would be a waste of money.

Edited to add, from yesterday's Washington Times:

In response to a query from The Washington Times about whether USAA planned to withdraw its ads on MSNBC opinion shows after accusations of a double standard, USAA spokesman Roger Wildermuth said in a statement that the company would pull its ads on all opinion shows regardless of network, describing its failure to do so previously as an oversight.

“There was an error which led to our ads running during ‘Hannity,’ and as soon as that was discovered, the error was corrected. Since then, we have done an additional review and removed ads from opinion-based news programs on other channels as well,” he said.

“We will continually review our ad placements to ensure we are consistent with our policy,” Mr. Wildermuth said.
    Last edited by Frailer; 05-29-17 at 12:05.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailer View Post
    I've been a USAA member for over 30 years, and they've always provided great service.

I don't give a damn where they advertise, but I assume placing ads on shows watched largely by people who are already USAA members would be a waste of money.

Edited to add, from yesterday's Washington Times:
    Yup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Today Hannity said both of his sponsors USAA and the sporting goods company are now back sponsoring his shows.

There is no more drama.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.