Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
And if they have no intention and interest in doing that? When Irish, Germans, Italians, etc came in large numbers they came in hopes of making a new life, a life they could not have where they came from. They didn't ignore or lose their heritage, but they didn't come to simply re crate the county they come from. It would seem so far, the US has a fairly integrated Muslim population compared to many other countries, but that too may change. I'm not religious person but I will say the one thing the Irish, Germans, Italians, etc all had in common was they tended to have come from a judeo christian cultural under pinning. That may have been the one primary factor that allowed them all to sorta kinda get along and integrate.
One thing that was significantly different was that there weren't as many hand-outs to be gotten by those who immigrated here in the late 19th and early 20th Century. Being hungry will make you assimilate to some degree because you are forced to work to eat.
I would guess at this point you can control this one of two ways.
You can slow immigration to the point where you are very selective in who you allow to immigrate. Essentially shutting down the "refugee" option and refuse entry to them.
You can shut the system totally until we come up with an answer to assimilation. We've done that before and it has worked.

I'm not sure what to think about Britain's reaction to Manchester.
I would like to see them rise up and retake their government and their homeland.