Thread: deleted.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

deleted.

Deleted.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 06-01-17 at 09:38.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Gents-
    Im going to show my ignorance here, but Im in need of help concerning the use of all the available ballistic calculators out there, and also trying to learn about todays excellent scopes that are available.
    What Im trying to find out, is..if you buy a scope that is ballistically set for, as an example, a 62gr bullet @ 3000fps with a 200 yard zero,and all the corresponding hash marks are set for that loads drop...how do you find out info for say a 55gr load with a 100 yard zero at 3100fps? Or any other load/combo/zero?

Here you need to shoot your loads and see where they hit. Verify your drops. That's the best way to do it. If you're using an ACOG. For example. They only work really well if you shoot the same load or close to it for that set reticle. Otherwise use a good rest and just shoot to verify where your load hits, minus the wind..
    Where can I find info on the BC of any specific bullet? Google it. What bullet are you looking For? Use anything Bryan Litz publishes for data.

Which calculators are yall using you'd recommend? I do have & use a chrono so I can at least get load info out of my specific rifles.

Applied Ballistics and TRASOL both the best.

Also- how does one determine the total number of clicks left to right, top to bottom a scope has?

Simple, just dial all the way right for windage and then count the clicks left until it stops.

Elevation do the same. Dial down and then count dialing up until it stops and visa versa.

I like to center a reticle before sighting in, and I always do it the hard way, going all the way up or down, left or right, counting clicks all the way over to the other side, then divede by half and click back that much. Is there an easier way? If a scope is advertised as say 100MOA of adjustment, can that be used somehow to know?
    Don't bother centering crap. You're wasting tour time. Your load may be way off and you are just wasting ammo chasing a made up zero.. zero isn't the middle of the scope when you dial it.

Yes you can add MOA. That's why they sell 20, 30, 40 MOA bases or canted bases

I'm using my phone so bare with me...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I use JBM Calculator online. It is free. I made a 2 spreadsheets that have been printed out and laminated, one for 77gr Nosler CC, and one for 77gr Sierra Tipped Matchkings. I've tried an "Applied Ballistics" app on my phone and liked it at home, but once I got in the desert I hated dicking around on the phone like some teenage girl at the mall typing away and fighting the glare on the screen. The sheet is fast, trusty, and accurate.
    http://www.jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmtraj-5.1.cgi

To compare trajectories with the 62 gr bullet you will need to spend a little time playing with the program. You can change your zero slightly and get pretty close results with other bullets and velocities. Keep in mind the 62 and 55 might not have a similar zero from the start, and this is critical info to know (could be up,down,left,right, who knows). Your zero, sight height over bore and velocity needs to be exact. Don't worry too much about being exact about altitude, pressure, humidity or temperature. Those factors aren't really important inside of 600 yards.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks gents for the answers!
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.