Thread: Need Mag Carrier Recommendations

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Need Mag Carrier Recommendations

Hello. I need a black mag carrier for a carbine class. I'm a civilian and am limited to 10 rounds mags but have 10/30s on order.

I prefer black

I have already looked at the bladetech thigh mount and heard it was junk. I'm leaning toward the safariland 774 now but want opinions/recommendations.

Ideas?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Swstock; 05-23-17 at 05:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've used the Safariland 774 for a while, with good results. I also like the
    Ready Tactical AR15 Ambi Speed Mag Pouch
    Frankly, I also use my back pocket frequently, since that's where I'd most likely store my spare carbine mag.

If you're using 10 round mags that are sized at 10 rounds (i.e. Shorter than 20 rounders) you might find it difficult to get enough purchase to extract the magazine from a belt pouch with any sort of speed or efficiency. In that case, I recommend your back pocket.. If you're using 20 or 30 round mags that are modified to only hold 10 rounds then the pouches will work fine.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    G-Code Softshell Scorpions. Since its a 10 rd limit, im assuming you are in CA. If you are near me i can lend you a couple
    Last edited by GFX_9; 05-23-17 at 15:06.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GFX_9 View Post
    G-Code Softshell Scorpions. Since its a 10 rd limit, im assuming you are in CA. If you are near me i can lend you a couple
    Thanks. I'm on the other coast. NY.

Feedback Score
    I use HSGI Taco mag carriers with the Raven Concealment ModuLoader http://raven-concealment-systems1.my...-modular-base/
    I'm not sure if 10 round mags will be easy to pull out without some sort of extended base plate.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I'd also take a look at ESSTAC mag pouches. Good retention and easy to put mags back in. Can even just be worn on a belt with their belt loops added on.
    http://www.skdtac.com/Esstac-M4-KYWI...-p/ess.233.htm

they do a lot of variations so look around.