Thread: Howa HCR 6.5 Creedmoor 1500

Feedback Score

Howa HCR 6.5 Creedmoor 1500

Held this rifle at my LGS yesterday. It feels very solid, has a clean/crisp trigger pull (maybe 3lb) and the action is pretty smooth compared to brother's Savage 10. Not many reviews on this chassis rifle. Any info advice is greatly appreciated. Intended use as back up bolt and for my kiddos to learn from ( I have semi custom 6mm and 308). Thank Gents!

Ray

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Howa get great reviews over at the different sniper forums and are thought highly of as great priced rifles for the money. They wre thought of better than savage and starting to surpass remington for a starter rifle. I have been contemplating picking up a barreled action to build up a rifle on, just have not had a chance yet. The 6.5 creedmore is of course a great round as well especially out to 1k and further.
    Last edited by chef8489; 05-24-17 at 03:57.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, chef. If I don't pick the Howa HCR 6.5, I might just buy the Howa 1500 barreled action from Brownells and drop it to a chassis. Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I went down the 6.5 Creed barrelled action path six months ago and have been really pleased. The choice you have is around barrel contour -- I went with the heavy barrel that is very accurate and I like, but the gun is not balanced and is extremely front heavy. Not a problem for the range or moderate walking during the hunting season -- but I was surprised about how front heavy it was.