Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Remanufactured Ammunition

Feedback Score

Question Freedom Remanufactured Ammunition

I have a (1) time FREE SHIPPING code for some Freedom Ammunition. I was wanting to know if the reman. ammo is worth buying/using? I will be buying ammo in .40 S&W and .223/5.56. In .40 S&W I want ammo for target practice and personal defense. In .223/5.56 I want ammo just for paper punching.
    Any suggestions on which ammo to buy is greatly appreciated.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-556 View Post
    I have a (1) time FREE SHIPPING code for some Freedom Ammunition. I was wanting to know if the reman. ammo is worth buying/using? I will be buying ammo in .40 S&W and .223/5.56. In .40 S&W I want ammo for target practice and personal defense. In .223/5.56 I want ammo just for paper punching.
    Any suggestions on which ammo to buy is greatly appreciated.
    Other than SD ammo, Freedom reman is all I buy. You get 1 round every now and then that's been boogered but it's been about 99% good for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    Other than SD ammo, Freedom reman is all I buy. You get 1 round every now and then that's been boogered but it's been about 99% good for me.
    Would you suggest the REMAN. over NEW?
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-556 View Post
    Would you suggest the REMAN. over NEW?
    For plinking the reman is perfect.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you do some searching you'll find that this company's QC on their reman ammo can be sketchy at times. It also tends to run hot.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    If you do some searching you'll find that this company's QC on their reman ammo can be sketchy at times. It also tends to run hot.
    My only experience is with their reman 9mm FMJ. Out of a single case I had two rounds that were near-squibs. The bullets left the barrel (barely) but didn't cycle the slide.

Perhaps I just got a bad lot (this was a few years ago, when everyone was cranking out as much ammo as their machines would produce), but it was enough to make me swear off the stuff.

Feedback Score
    I get the HUSH 9mm (new) I use in my Glock 19 w/suppressor. No issues with it. I bought one of those $20 sound meters and need to see how much the suppressor quiets it (I got it and tested my Ducati, the clutch is louder than the exhaust without baffles at idle )
    I recently got some of the General Dynamics made 62 grain, but I have not made it to the range to shoot/chrony it.
    Last edited by ride57; 06-03-17 at 03:35.

Feedback Score
    I have some of their 300 bo,shoots real good

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post

I was into Freedom for a while but just had more problems with it than anything else I've ever used, so I gave up on them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoJones View Post
    I was into Freedom for a while but just had more problems with it than anything else I've ever used, so I gave up on them.
    Pretty much my story. I still have several thousand rounds that I'll eventually shoot up, but I find it underpowered and caused occasional BTF issues in my Glock's that are otherwise basically flawless with other ammo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast