Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Iconoclasm & Southern Confederate Monuments

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    Strange definition for not being a traitor...

Did he or did he not raise arms against the United States of America? Excuses are just that excuses, Manning and Snowden have a ton as well. They made their choice and the repercussions should reflect that.
    Lee's loyalty lied more with his home state of Virginia than the North or the South. When it kicked off it truly was a war of the rights of the state vs. the growing power of the government. You're looking at this through a black and white lens. The reality is the Civil War was many, many shades of grey.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    So I guess you feel the same way about George Washington?
    I'm sure he feels the same way about Joe Wheeler too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score

Did he or did he not raise arms against the United States of America? Excuses are just that excuses, Manning and Snowden have a ton as well. They made their choice and the repercussions should reflect that.
    have you or have you not ever broken the law even in the smallest sense ! like going over the speed limit then you are a criminal !

new laws new ways of life are dumped onto you ! so lets say gun laws are enacted where you must register and are only allowed one hand gun and one long gun both can hold no more than 5 rounds all others must be turned in
    and you must teach your kids about gay sex and how its good for them to experiment !
    you are not allowed to own any vehicle that gets less than 30 MPG and is not part hybrid !

will you comply ! if not you are a traitor !

if anything one can say they were true patriots wanting states to have ultimate authority over themselves like the fathers wanted in many ways !

to fight against the larger gov forcing what they want on other states !

slavery was involved and of course anyone is against that these days but it was the world wide norm in those times and slowly going away ! and yeah they wanted to hold onto it sadly along with other things cause this was not all over slavery like many want to make it out to be !

if guns go away in the near future will you want to go down in history as the traitor that would not let go of your right to self protection

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    Lee's loyalty lied more with his home state of Virginia than the North or the South. When it kicked off it truly was a war of the rights of the state vs. the growing power of the government. You're looking at this through a black and white lens. The reality is the Civil War was many, many shades of grey.
    Just more excuses, cause and effect. he made his choice, and chose poorly.

You cant excuse someone's crime simply because there was a perceived gray area.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    have you or have you not ever broken the law even in the smallest sense ! like going over the speed limit then you are a criminal !

new laws new ways of life are dumped onto you ! so lets say gun laws are enacted where you must register and are only allowed one hand gun and one long gun both can hold no more than 5 rounds all others must be turned in
    and you must teach your kids about gay sex and how its good for them to experiment !
    you are not allowed to own any vehicle that gets less than 30 MPG and is not part hybrid !

will you comply ! if not you are a traitor !

if anything one can say they were true patriots wanting states to have ultimate authority over themselves like the fathers wanted in many ways !

to fight against the larger gov forcing what they want on other states !

slavery was involved and of course anyone is against that these days but it was the world wide norm in those times and slowly going away ! and yeah they wanted to hold onto it sadly along with other things cause this was not all over slavery like many want to make it out to be !

if guns go away in the near future will you want to go down in history as the traitor that would not let go of your right to self protection
    dafaq? Speeding = treason? I have paid my price for speeding, this is his price for treason

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Just more excuses, cause and effect. he made his choice, and chose poorly.

You cant excuse someone's crime simply because there was a perceived gray area.
    What you are failing to understand is that just because they lost does not mean that they were wrong, not even close.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

From the Declaration of Independence. You either believe in it, or you don't. Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one.

...That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,—That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness
    In my opinion, he raised arms against a tyrannical federal government that wanted to take away Southern rights and way of life without any type of compensation. The federal government ignored the consent of the governed, and the Confederate States of America were well within their rights in their attempt to peacefully secede from the Union. Lincoln was the cause of the secession, and the cause of the war. Lincoln even went against the efforts of his Secretary of State Seward who admittedly tried very hard for a peaceful settlement to prevent secession and war.

I wonder how many of those who feel the Confederates are traitors would feel if .gov big brother came and took their property (car, land, etc...) without cause and compensation? Where some see a traitor, I see someone fighting for their rights and no different than those who served in the Continental Army against the British government and their tyrannical rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
    From the Declaration of Independence. You either believe in it, or you don't. Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one.

In my opinion, he raised arms against a tyrannical federal government that wanted to take away Southern rights and way of life without any type of compensation. The federal government ignored the consent of the governed, and the Confederate States of America were well within their rights in their attempt to peacefully secede from the Union. Lincoln was the cause of the secession, and the cause of the war. Lincoln even went against the efforts of his Secretary of State Seward who admittedly tried very hard for a peaceful settlement to prevent secession and war.

I wonder how many of those who feel the Confederates are traitors would feel if .gov big brother came and took their property (car, land, etc...) without cause and compensation? Where some see a traitor, I see someone fighting for their rights and no different than those who served in the Continental Army against the British government and their tyrannical rule.
    Well written and thought provoking.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post

I certainly hope that when you finished writing that, you dropped the mic and walked away from the computer. Well done!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is a Theodore Dalrymple quote and is as relevant to these revisionist times as ever,

" In my study of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose of communist propaganda was not to persuade
    or convince, not to inform but to humiliate; and therefore the less it corresponded to reality the better.
    When people are forced to remain silent when they are being told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced
    to repeat the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity.

To assent to obvious lies is ..... in some small way to become evil oneself; one's standing to resist anything is thus corroded,
    and even destroyed.
    A society of emasculated liars is easy to control.
    I think if you examine political correctness, it has the same effect and is intended to. "

We are watching the incremental destruction of all we hold dear !

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast