Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Weapon Light to Choose Today?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Sounds like a good light, but what mount do you use it with for a standard 1913 rail?
    I've used VTAC mounts, it comes with a darn good mount, it's just not high speed low drag. I also used a Unity Tactical ring mount. I just used the mount that came with it. It's offset and it's well made to be honest. It just ain't got the slap yer mammy it's so cool factor. It's negative cool, but it just works and works well. Here one mounted on my 14.5. It's got a tape switch that I think came with it along with extra o-rings and a charger and stuff. Like I said it ain't pretty. But it's not gonna come off if you whack it and I've whacked that one a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Another vote for Scout lights, as well as for Malkoff clones. Surefire X-series handgun lights mounted at 12 o'clock are nice as well. As far as mounts, I use a M600 in an offset Thorntail on my patrol rifle. The rifle has a 7" inch rail which I am unable to change so this set-up allows me comfortable hand positioning and light activation. On personal rifles I use Scout lights mounted with Arisaka inline mounts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Another vote for Scout lights, as well as for Malkoff clones.
    Ah, yes, forgot about those, since those aren't quite totally turnkey (though pretty damn close). For example, these: https://arisakadefense.com/collectio...0-series-light

Or take an old Scout with an outdated head and throw on a new head: https://malkoff-devices.myshopify.co...gh-output-head
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a G2X on one, a 600u on one, use TLR1 or 1HL on various pistols, and a Streamlight RM2 on my shotgun. Also issued a Powertac Warrior.

No issues with any of the Surefires. TLR1 and HL are good to go as well. The RM2 has great output and value but I don't like the tape switch it comes with. Its very sensitive and will kick on it if gets bumped in the rack. I am going to attempt to splice a surefire SR07 switch into it and do it that way, but you could always go straight clicky tailcap as well. The powertac is an issued light and as much as I wanted to hate it when we got them, it works and keeps working. Zero issues with it, but again it isn't weapon mounted so take that for what its worth.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Doc,

Tried to shoot these to you in an email, rather than put more pictures in your post, but for some reason I could not send you the message. But I thought it was worth giving you an idea of what my PowerTac went through and still worked. (I can take the pics off if you want.)
    First pic is the plastic sleeve that I pulled out of the light. Then a pic of the batteries, then the light working after new batteries and I cleaned the contacts with a cotton swab & alcohol. The light was mounted on my first 16" Recce build and at that time it had a 12" hand guard, so that's why all the barrel/FH shadow. So I agree with SoTex, it's taken literally everything I've thrown at it normal banging around and my own screw-up.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I think the Scout Intellibeam is the best that you can buy right now. I got mine as soon as they were available and it wouldn't activate every now and then. Sent it in and haven't had the issue since. I was somewhat skeptical about the IB feature but it's badass. The ONLY two things I wish were different would be if they could make the head the same size as the regular M600U and if they still made them in tan. Both of which are me just nitpicking. It's not cheap, but paired with a good mount and the switch, I don't think there is a better setup.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    What position do you plan on mounting it in?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    What position do you plan on mounting it in?
    I always like mine at the 9 or 10 o'clock position. I've used the Midwest Industries single slot mount that attaches to the front sight base for many years now. A few drops of loctite and it's rock solid: it has never loosened in over 6,000 rounds and the carbine dropped on a concrete porch. The flashlight itself was jarred loose by dropping the carbine on a concrete slab.

Feedback Score
    Depending on your setup, I'd consider an x300 or tlr1 regular or hd based on use.

I still run a g2 at 7:00 on my urxiii, but for a normal rail from scratch, one of the above at 1200 works well too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12