Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ideal Height for a Reloading Bench?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks man, lots of hard work and many years without lead to it. I worked on it nights after 12s for a couple weeks to finish it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    43" to the top of bench has worked out very well for me standing and from the swivel chair.
    Bench is rock solid with a hundred 50cal ammo cans worth of weight on shelves underneath.
    Yes, that is a old Forrester with much use, still my favorite press.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airhasz View Post
    This is 8' long and 30" at the table top, built from 2x6 lumber. I'm 6'1 and load sitting, this is the perfect height for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post

Sidenote: Don't you guys ever lock up your guns?

Not that I don't ever have a gun lying around the garage or in my workshop, because I'm cleaning it or guns-smithing or whatever, but I don't leave them lying around all the time, and definitely not more than one or two...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Ideal Height for a Reloading Bench?

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Sidenote: Don't you guys ever lock up your guns?

Not that I don't ever have a gun lying around the garage or in my workshop, because I'm cleaning it or guns-smithing or whatever, but I don't leave them lying around all the time, and definitely not more than one or two...
    My house is locked, I have multiple layers of security, they are in a locked portion of the house, and the safe is locked, the metal M16 rack is locked. The only guns that aren't secured are the ones hanging on the wall---a non-functioning Mauser, the rimfires, and a couple ARs. Other than that my CCW gun, my spouse's, and my home defense rifle.

My safes are just too full. I need to purchase another, but I plan on constructing a vault when I move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There are two safes not shown in my small reloading room, I have another room where the Dillon and other
    dedicated presses are mounted along with the dedicated trimmers, tumblers, bulk brass/bullet storage.
    The rifles leaning against wall at end of bench have bolts removed and are secured in safe.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    OP, I would suggest picking a bench height that is most comfortable for you for non-press work. Then you can use things like the Strong Mount from Dillon or the mounts from Inline Fabrication to bring your presses to a height where you can run them comfortably. At least, that has worked out well for me.
    IMG_1688.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg
    Last edited by masan; 06-16-17 at 16:37.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123