36 43.90%
  • Weight

9 10.98%
  • Length

2 2.44%
  • Other

23 28.05%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suppressor, biggest selling point for you?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Suppressor, biggest selling point for you?

How do you decide on what suppressor to purchase, whats your main selling point you look for?
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    Multi caliber for rifle cans which means a 308 to 556. Multi caliber pistol can 45 and lower. Dedicated 22 can. Price point and support.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by st381183 View Post
    Multi caliber for rifle cans which means a 308 to 556. Multi caliber pistol can 45 and lower. Dedicated 22 can. Price point and support.
    I'm still learning about suppressors but don't all the 30 cal work for 5.56 as well? From what I've read the down side to buying a 30 cal for 5.56 is the 30 cal cost more and the weight and size is more than a 5.56 can.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I am still firmly in the Rugged/Reliability camp so I chose other. I haven't changed my mindset away from once you buy one of these, you essentially will keep it forever. Sure if the HPA passes, then I will start changing my priorities, but as of now its still what suppressor can I continue to use for many many years into the future with a bunch of rounds through them. If you don't shoot or train a lot, then I would imagine your criteria to be difference than mine, but right now I own surefire cans, knights cans, dead air cans, and some of the more robust silencerco cans.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I go with Brand so that they are all the same and I can put them on any of my weapons.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I go with Brand so that they are all the same and I can put them on any of my weapons.
    Exactly. Mine wear KAC MAMS or KAC 3 Prongs so I can switch QD cans around easily. Same for the 7.62's. KAC makes good kit, but I buy KAC for the interchangeability. KAC QD is where it's at for me. On a side note, brushed a KAC 3 Prong with a brass brush and it left it with a kinda' cool patina; light bronze over burnt muzzle device.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    The main points for myself is versatility and mount type. I prefer a mount that has repeatable POI shift when removing and attaching the suppressor, and I like to stay with the same brand so different cans will work with my current mount.

Almost all modern baffle stacks are made from Inconel, Stelite, or 17-4PH. These materials will give the end user a lifetime of service, so material/durability isn't much of a concern anymore.

All 5.56 cans are loud, so I value weight and size over DB reduction, but on other calibers its something to think about, and as I'm a lefty blowback is a big thing.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 05-25-17 at 15:36.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Mine was I wanted a pretty short suppressor and be able to interchange between 5.56, 6.8 spc , and 308. So I when with Wilson whisper. It only adds about 5" to the overall barrel length. Then I put there muzzle breakers on all my ar's. I hunt from a building so I move from one window to another to scan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sound reduction obviously. If that was not important, I would just run brakes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    How do you decide on what suppressor to purchase, whats your main selling point you look for?
    Pistol - sound reduction to size/wt ratio. Something well rounded in these.

Rifle- durability, size/wt poi change and qd method. All factored in.

I voted weight. As long as it gets the sound managable, I'm happy

Edit- after the first puchase, brand becomes a huge issue, but I'd still use the same selection methods, just keeping compatable qd.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 05-25-17 at 17:05.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast