36 43.90%
  • Weight

9 10.98%
  • Length

2 2.44%
  • Other

23 28.05%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suppressor, biggest selling point for you?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mount design, durability, least POI shift, and sound reduction. In that order.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I go with Brand so that they are all the same and I can put them on any of my weapons.
    That's a big consideration for me as well, and it so happened that my selection for it is also durable and quiet. So now I have 2 SpecWars and mounts for them on every centerfire rifle I have except one, which will soon get that mount as well.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Mount design, durability, least POI shift, and sound reduction. In that order.
    Agreed, although I would add backpressure regulation after POI shift.

Feedback Score
    Since I jumped in at the last minute before the rule change I had to settle on "in stock" for a few. Brand got me on my surefires and thunder beast, was lucky to get put on the waiting list and got a serial number just in time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sound reduction and whatever new cool feature it might have is usually first to a point. Secondly, length. For the most part, wheb I buy a second can in a caliber is to get something shorter.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My choice boiled down to the lightest, shortest, most effective auto rated can that didn't break the bank. I wanted a balance of features, not just a single feature. That's why I ended up choosing an Omega direct thread for my 11.5" barrel AR

Knowing what I know now, I probably would have gone with a longer barrel and an over the barrel suppressor for better velocity. But I do enjoy what I have
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    My criteria for a first purchase were versatility, durability, short and light size-wise and , finally, price. I went with a SiCo Omega as it met these points and their Blue Label purchase program made the can cheaper than offerings from Surefire (my other serious consideration). The two cans I have on order are also from Silencerco- a 5.56 Saker K ASR as a dedicated 5.56 can which shares mounts with the Omega and a Sparrow.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Same as gunnerblue above. Multi caliber was my main reasoning as I only plan on having one can. The Omega was the hot ticket at that time and the reviews were good. A local store was getting one in at a great price so it was a no brainer.

ETA: if I were to answer now, knowing what I know, recoil reduction is the biggest thing for me. Makes my magnum bolt action shoot very smoothly with greatly reduced recoil impulse.
    Last edited by Vegas; 05-26-17 at 13:18.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    The two cans I have on order are also from Silencerco- a 5.56 Saker K ASR as a dedicated 5.56 can which shares mounts with the Omega and a Sparrow.
    The saker K is on my top three list.
    Last edited by hdrolling; 05-26-17 at 13:42.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Saker K no, full-size Saker and Sparrow yes. I wasn't bothered by the noise as I was wearing ear protection, anyway. I do not chase the lowest decibels however. I forgot to mention that POI shift is important to me as well. I am not that far off with my Omega but I can't wait to test it vs the Saker across a variety of platforms.

I was able to disassemble a Sparrow at the dealer and it is built like a tank. I'll use it all the way up to .22 Hornet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast