Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shield triggers

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Why do people say "ok for a carry gun"?

Your carry gun needs to be the gun you're most proficient with. It's the only gun with life and death consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I personally was saying I have no issue using my Shield as a carry gun. I shoot it every time I go to the range to ensure I stay proficient.

I think others say it the way you have below referring to the fact that they don't want a light competition trigger on their carry gun.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    Why do people say "ok for a carry gun"?

Your carry gun needs to be the gun you're most proficient with. It's the only gun with life and death consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Exactly, carrying in a belly band at least some of the time, a pretty good 6 lb trigger is more than fine with me.
    Skip

Feedback Score
    Are they difficult to install

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I put an apex sear in mine and it's awesome.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    After hearing a much about them I’d like to try an Apex. I read about awful S&W triggers in the M&P’s years ago and went to the LGS and tried a few triggers. I didn’t notice an issue.

I tri d a G43 too and it was too damn small for my hand. I have two 9mm Shields. It’s my EDC and back up at work. I had night sights installed and recently did the Magguts upgrade to four magazines. Two are +2 to are +1. So 9 in the fun and 10 in my spare mags. I tried the plus 2 in the 7 rounds in the gun. It worked fine but was a little too long and tight in the pocket. I did like having 10 in the gun and a 10round spare. My buddy at work said but for only $20 you can just buy a spare 8 round magazine!
    Last edited by usmcvet; 10-08-17 at 20:08.

Feedback Score
    my factory Shield trigger needed a little help. I practiced dry firing with the factory trigger but couldn't keep the front sight from "jumping" when the trigger broke. Did a little research and decided to go with the sear only from Apex. Noticable improvement, but surely not a 3# target trigger or anything. Mine breaks much smoother at about 4.5 lbs. I wouldn't want it to be lighter than that in a carry gun. It's a good pistol, shoots my 124 gr cast reloads 100% and has worked 100% with the factory loads i've tried too. I shoot mine regularly at a bulleye range...fixed firing line and targets,25 yards. About 70% center mass hits, the rest all torso hits. Pretty good for a inexpensive 3" barreled carry gun.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234