Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0

Feedback Score

M&P 2.0

Looks like it will finally happen soon. Academy sports is listing 9mm and 40 models with and with out thumb safety and L versions in FDE. The long FDE versions have a "tactile LCI" looking at the pictures it is held in place with a roll pin on top of the slide. I hope they offer that model without the LCI. I will pick one or two of these up when they are released.

Updating link to more picks since it looks like the academy pulled the listings
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...esson-mp-m2-0/

SKU# 110577417

SKU# 110577492

Last edited by KentuckyWindage; 12-17-16 at 19:52.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did they address the accuracy issues that the 9mm guns had?
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I have no idea, but I hope so

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I haven't been keeping up with the enhancements to the M&P pistols, but lots of changes going on here. No extended beavertail, which is a good thing actually, front slide cocking serrations also. One very interesting change I see is it appears the roll pins are gone, and they are using solid pins now. The serial number plate on the frame at the rear is gone now, and it looks to be what the cut outs are on the dust cover. I am wondering if S&W hasn't gone down the removable chassis road, al la P320, serial number follows the chassis. This was rumored for a while and they might have pulled it off. Will have to wait and see...

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 12-17-16 at 10:01.
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Anyone know if the mags remain the same?
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Apparently they didn't on my brothers FS M&P 9mm bought 2 months ago and manufactured 8 months ago. Its accuracy (sample size of one), while not as bad as on the earlier M&P9's, still leaves a lot to be desired IMO, when compared to the VP9, P-320, and even my Gen 4 Glock, which is pretty darn good.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I was under the impression that they had. There have been a few threads on it here I think. Mine from several years back shoots at least as well as I can. I have one of the LEO SKUs though.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/smit...dCatid=3988558

http://soldiersystems.net/2016/08/18...emark-filings/

Where is Grant, he has to be in the know on this. Seeing this makes me glad I kept all my M&P magazines, I do wish they got rid of the goofy hinged trigger but Apex still has a fix for that. If the accuracy issues are fixed & trigger is markedly improved I see these doing well.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I was under the impression that they had. There have been a few threads on it here I think. Mine from several years back shoots at least as well as I can. I have one of the LEO SKUs though.
    The accuracy issues have been greatly reduced in frequency (you're less likely to get an inaccurate M&P9 now than previously) but not entirely resolved from everything that I have seen and heard.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I got out of the M&P due to not being able to get satisfactory accuracy from gun to gun
    Part of me wishes I had waited as Apex released their barrel within 6 months of selling the rest of my M&P off. If they haven't addressed the accuracy issues at this point, they never would have had a shot at getting the DOD contract.

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast