Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shield triggers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Shield triggers

Went to check out the Shield yesterday as a summer carry gun. I have a G43 but was looking for something with more grip surface. The G43 is just too small of a grip. Anyway, the Shield 9 triggers were awful! All of them. They all felt like they were catching on something half way through, like it hit a wall. The 45 Shield had a good trigger but I don't want a 45.

Is this normal?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Yes, factory Shield triggers are very rough. I've learned to accept it for what it is. Others resort to aftermarket parts from Apex to improve their trigger feel.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did yours get better?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I put an Apex trigger set up in my shield and it is awesome. I did 2 covert carry classes and ith it and no problems. Money well spent to make that platform a great little EDC piece

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Did yours get better?

No. But it's a carry gun, I don't need a 3 lb trigger on a carry gun. I just practice a lot to overcome the trigger snatch.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    I have two shields. One 9 and the other 40. I put apex duty carry in both. I carry the 40 every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    First time out this morning with my .45 Shield, 60 rounds of Blazer Brass 230's and 50 rounds of HST 230's.

I'm right handed and have not been one to 'push' my shots left in the past but it seems that the predominate pattern between the 2 loads was a little left and a tad-bit low.

The patterning was fairly consistent between 4 different targets at ranges from 7, 10 and 15 yards.

I'll give it a couple hundred more rounds and some settling in with this particular gun before making any judgments.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't need it to be 3lbs. Just to be smooth(er). I held a few and they all had a weird stop half way through. Don't know if they are all different or it was just these few. They just felt like the trigger was getting caught on something half way through and you had to pull harder to overcome that. There was even an audible "click". Once you got past that you pull a little further until the take up is gone and then it breaks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I don't need it to be 3lbs. Just to be smooth(er). I held a few and they all had a weird stop half way through. Don't know if they are all different or it was just these few. They just felt like the trigger was getting caught on something half way through and you had to pull harder to overcome that. There was even an audible "click". Once you got past that you pull a little further until the take up is gone and then it breaks

It may be the hinge. I never had an issue with the fs, but will be changing the shield trigger out for a flat one as I've had the hinge catch a few times preventing a shot.

That said, if it's just a crappy pull, it doesn't feel nice, but does it hold you back? You don't notice the weight or roughness when you smash it every time, as long as it's within reason 4-6lb.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I installed the APEX sear only in my shield and it was all I needed! Made a world of difference. Not including new sights and some 3M saftey walk on the grip.
    Last edited by Obagual; 05-25-17 at 18:35.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast