Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shield triggers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    It may be the hinge. I never had an issue with the fs, but will be changing the shield trigger out for a flat one as I've had the hinge catch a few times preventing a shot.

That said, if it's just a crappy pull, it doesn't feel nice, but does it hold you back? You don't notice the weight or roughness when you smash it every time, as long as it's within reason 4-6lb.
    You what I didn't even think about that. It may be the hinge. I'll have to go back and check it out

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    My shield trigger felt gritty right off the bat also. I took the work sharp to the striker plunger lobe and striker face on mine. Around 5 minutes work total with the 600 grit belt and both were mirror finish. I did the lobe on the trigger bar without removing it, and as you probably know the striker removal takes only a few seconds.

Mine has the normal takeup, hit the wall and next thing is the bang.
    The Jeep is Family

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I generally marry the trigger finger high on the trigger bow, but cannot do so with the hinged Shield trigger. I have to marry the trigger finger lower on a Shield trigger. Try placing your trigger finger lower on the trigger to ensure the hinge is not causing a heavy felt trigger pull weight.

Feedback Score
    Like some have said, I'm not a fan of the hinged trigger. I wouldn't pay full LGS price for one and it may or may not be worth it when you can find them for $225 with the rebates that S&W has running right now. Ultimately, I passed on buying one even though I would have only paid $195 OTD.

Feedback Score
    My .45 Shield was gritty during the take up, but pretty light and crisp for the break.

After a few hundred rounds the grittiness is all but gone and I believe will continue to go away. The break is still very crisp and lightened up a little.

It's pretty nice. Reset is appropriately short. I'd give it a 7.5/10. I'd give a stock Glock gen 3 a 5/10 for comparison. I have no plans to change the trigger at all.

Recoil is much easier than you'd expect on the .45 defiantly easier to shoot well than a small .40. Mind you they advertise 21 oz or something but with a loaded magazine and 230 gr ammo your over 28 oz. But it carries lighter due to it's thinness.

Feedback Score
    There is a very good video on YouTube that shows how to clean up the factory trigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTRXPzzCUVw

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have aM&P 45 that was previously owned by Larry Vickers and had the trigger done by http://www.bowietacticalconcepts.com/ to say the trigger is phenomenal is a understatement
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just got the wife a shield, need to go with her to pick it up. All things I've been wondering about and will have to see how it goes. Glad you all have already done the trouble shooting for a solution.
    I'm usually against changing triggers and the like, but these comments all make a valid deviation for this one.

Feedback Score
    The long reset was what I didn't like and noticed the most, but then I really wasn't expecting much.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I went back and played with a few and it did turn out to be the hinge. Combination of the trigger, grip and probably my crooked fingers. I decided instead of dumping money into something that may or may not work for me I'd rather just put that money into ammo for my G43

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast