Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unmarked "Colt" Bolt Carrier Assembly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Unmarked "Colt" Bolt Carrier Assembly

Is Colt now outsourcing their bolt carrier assemblies? I purchased a "Colt" assembly but there are no "C" markings.

Bolt.jpgCarrier.jpg
    Last edited by Barfly76; 05-28-17 at 09:46.

Feedback Score
    85 (99%)
    The BCG's from the Colt expanse rifles aren't marked. But all the colt BCG's I have bought have the "C" stamped on side of carrier.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hickuleas View Post
    The BCG's from the Colt expanse rifles aren't marked. But all the colt BCG's I have bought have the "C" stamped on side of carrier.
    So are distributors selling outsourced bolt assemblies similar to what is in the expanse rifle and labeling them "Colt". I can't imagine that Colt dropped their "C" stampings. FYI, I purchased it from Arms Unlimited planning to run it in a new Colt IAR upper.

Feedback Score
    85 (99%)
    Not sure about distributors but while looking on Gunbroker some sellers would mention they are Colt BCG's but not stamped with "C" and I always looked for description and picture showing the stamped "C".

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There have been several factory colt rifles (not expanse... 6920 ect) that have come without the C on the carrier recently. IIRC someone called Colt and they assured him these are the same bcgs made in the colt factory.

ETA: This is the quote from an armsunlimited rep: "We've had numerous people call us to complain about this so we inquired with Colt. Colts answer to us was our carriers aren't always marked, only the bolt itself has the C marking"
    Last edited by midSCarolina; 05-25-17 at 21:22.
    "The machine doesn't make the man, the man makes the machine" - Gucci

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by midSCarolina View Post
    There have been several factory colt rifles (not expanse... 6920 ect) that have come without the C on the carrier. IIRC someone called Colt and they assured him these are the same bcgs made in the colt factory.

ETA: This is the quote from an armsunlimited rep: "We've had numerous people call us to complain about this so we inquired with Colt. Colts answer to us was our carriers aren't always marked, only the bolt itself has the C marking"
    The bolt doesn't have the C either. Oh well, I will run it and move on. Thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    FWIW, Chris Bartocci, a former Colt employee, thinks they are outsourced and not manufactured by Colt.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barfly76 View Post
    FWIW, Chris Bartocci, a former Colt employee, thinks they are outsourced and not manufactured by Colt.
    An unhappy former employee.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    An unhappy former employee.
    So do you disagree with Chris in this matter? Does his standing with Colt discredit his knowledge?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    That's impossible. Everyone on here knows that each manufacturer has their own forge and are making their own BCG's along with their own QC and HP/MP process.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast