Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unmarked "Colt" Bolt Carrier Assembly

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Unmarked "Colt" Bolt Carrier Assembly

Is Colt now outsourcing their bolt carrier assemblies? I purchased a "Colt" assembly but there are no "C" markings.

Bolt.jpgCarrier.jpg
    Last edited by Barfly76; 05-28-17 at 09:46.

Feedback Score
    85 (99%)
    The BCG's from the Colt expanse rifles aren't marked. But all the colt BCG's I have bought have the "C" stamped on side of carrier.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hickuleas View Post
    The BCG's from the Colt expanse rifles aren't marked. But all the colt BCG's I have bought have the "C" stamped on side of carrier.
    So are distributors selling outsourced bolt assemblies similar to what is in the expanse rifle and labeling them "Colt". I can't imagine that Colt dropped their "C" stampings. FYI, I purchased it from Arms Unlimited planning to run it in a new Colt IAR upper.

Feedback Score
    85 (99%)
    Not sure about distributors but while looking on Gunbroker some sellers would mention they are Colt BCG's but not stamped with "C" and I always looked for description and picture showing the stamped "C".

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There have been several factory colt rifles (not expanse... 6920 ect) that have come without the C on the carrier recently. IIRC someone called Colt and they assured him these are the same bcgs made in the colt factory.

ETA: This is the quote from an armsunlimited rep: "We've had numerous people call us to complain about this so we inquired with Colt. Colts answer to us was our carriers aren't always marked, only the bolt itself has the C marking"
    Last edited by midSCarolina; 05-25-17 at 21:22.
    "The machine doesn't make the man, the man makes the machine" - Gucci

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by midSCarolina View Post
    There have been several factory colt rifles (not expanse... 6920 ect) that have come without the C on the carrier. IIRC someone called Colt and they assured him these are the same bcgs made in the colt factory.

ETA: This is the quote from an armsunlimited rep: "We've had numerous people call us to complain about this so we inquired with Colt. Colts answer to us was our carriers aren't always marked, only the bolt itself has the C marking"
    The bolt doesn't have the C either. Oh well, I will run it and move on. Thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I've never had a Colt bolt that only had a "C" on it. All have been marked "MPC" and with a white dot. I would be returning it but that's just me

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    wasn't AU parting out expanse rifles not to long ago ?

i remember one of their ads a little while back selling complete colt lowers for $399 or so , i believe they were expanse lowers but not advertised as such.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barfly76 View Post
    The bolt doesn't have the C either. Oh well, I will run it and move on. Thanks guys.
    Did it have the little white paint dot on it?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_1iviper View Post
    wasn't AU parting out expanse rifles not to long ago ?

i remember one of their ads a little while back selling complete colt lowers for $399 or so , i believe they were expanse lowers but not advertised as such.
    Not sure but I have seen factory 6920s without the C on the carrier recently too so it isn't just AU that I am going by. I haven't heard of the bolt itself not having the MPC though.
    "The machine doesn't make the man, the man makes the machine" - Gucci

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast