Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Unmarked "Colt" Bolt Carrier Assembly

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-556 View Post
    Does it have to be a Colt BCG? Will a BCM, ToolCraft, or DD, work just as well? Or, are you trying to keep the rifle ALL Colt?
    I purchased it for an IAR upper. It should have some collectable value, so I wanted to keep it all Colt. Otherwise, I would have gone BCM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Barfly76 View Post
    I purchased it for an IAR upper. It should have some collectable value, so I wanted to keep it all Colt. Otherwise, I would have gone BCM.
    Very good Sir. I hope you find a "C" marked Colt BCG then.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Just looked over NIB 6920 & 6720s.

Stock identical to pics above.

The handguards were different in details between the two, different finish and also slightly different rib molding. Both had 7 holes, where the guide on TOS said Colts will have 6.

So I think the guide may be outdated or Colt has changed suppliers. Or uses more than one supplier.

Upper forgings markings were different mfgs, one was keyhole, the other the square.

6720 FSB was not F marked, go figure.

Also confirmed my OEM1 had C marked carrier, rollmark, not do matrix.

But the best way to know for sure is to look at the box as they are serialized and clearly specify oem vs law enforcement carbine differently

Colt M4 handguards have 7 holes and have always had 7 holes. Colt has used M4 handguards on all carbines since about 2009.

Colt skinny carbine handguards have six holes.

The vast majority of 6720 carbines do not have an F marked FSB. The only ones that have an F marked FSB are AR6720CH and these guns do not have a bayonet lug.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    To me, if the parts are not marked, I cannot be assured I am getting a genuine product, especially with so much apparent variance. As a consumer I appreciate identifiable markings which can provide me with reasonable assurance of origin.

As it relates to "value added" process steps, this is something I have no problem paying for (by definition).

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    To me, if the parts are not marked, I cannot be assured I am getting a genuine product, especially with so much apparent variance. As a consumer I appreciate identifiable markings which can provide me with reasonable assurance of origin.

As it relates to "value added" process steps, this is something I have no problem paying for (by definition).

Agreed.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Colt M4 handguards have 7 holes and have always had 7 holes. Colt has used M4 handguards on all carbines since about 2009.

Colt skinny carbine handguards have six holes.

The vast majority of 6720 carbines do not have an F marked FSB. The only ones that have an F marked FSB are AR6720CH and these guns do not have a bayonet lug.
    Thanks for weighing in, you confirmed my suspicion about the # of holes.

Again, if you are worried about a rifle you are buying, insist on getting the box with the model/serial. There should be no question.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678