Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unmarked "Colt" Bolt Carrier Assembly

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    An unhappy former employee.
    So do you disagree with Chris in this matter? Does his standing with Colt discredit his knowledge?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Lately I've had marked and unmarked carriers in new from the factory rifles. The Bolt is always marked.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Side note:
    I highly doubt Colt produces their own BCGs, like most parts.

Feedback Score
    If they aren't produced in Hartford, does this mean the quality isn't the same as older rifles? Do Colt's suck now? Is it smarter to buy a DPMS?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatus15 View Post
    Anyone bought a 6920 recently and checked their bolt/BCG for proper markings?
    My brother just bought a 6720 last week and it did not have the white paint dot on the bolt but both the carrier and bolt were "C" marked and the bolt also had MP on it too.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 05-28-17 at 07:40.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    My brother just bought a 6720 last week and it did not have the white paint dot on the bolt but both the carrier and bolt were "C" marked and the bolt also had MP on it too.
    I bought a 6920 like that in late 2012 and 99% sure I would have noticed a paint dot because that instantly caught my eye with a Colt bcg I bought in mid 2016.

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    With Colt trying everything to save a penny and cut costs, i wouldnt be suprised the only thing your paying for is the rollmark.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HMsailor View Post
    With Colt trying everything to save a penny and cut costs, i wouldnt be suprised the only thing your paying for is the rollmark.
    That's some bullshit and if that is the case I'll be done with them as a customer.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I checked my OEM 2 I bought from grant. Bolt is marked MPC. No markings on the carrier and no white dot anywhere.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    In the world of manufacturing, "Lean" is the practice of the day. This means cutting cost by eliminating "non value added" steps in processes. One of the very first usually looked at, is markings...why they are there, and are they needed.

I don't know, as I don't work for Colt, but it is likely that the markings once served a purpose that is no longer needed...and so the added time and cost of putting them on a part goes away to save money.

In one of my departments at work, we used to hand build a certain product, and the parts needed to be marked for the customer to assemble correctly. We have since automated that product's manufacturing process, making the components more precise in relation to each other, eliminating the need for the markings.

I'd suspect the Colt markings being absent now is due to something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast