Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am frustrated

Feedback Score

I am frustrated

I am not even sure how to start this.

So I think I will go back in time before I address the current situation.

But first I am not a Republican nor a Democrat. I support the Constitution.

We had a President named Obama for 8 years and if you look at it he only really got 2 things done. Obama care and the Iran deal for which I will curse his name forever.

But we didn't lose our guns, and other than a huge abuse by federal agencies for political reasons. We survived these 8 years.

His supports didn't get Gitmo closed or a lot of other things they thought they were going to get.

Now we have a new President and he promised a bunch of things for his first 100 days. Some of which mattered a lot to me.

So here we get to my frustration, can we trust any person that goes to DC to keep their word?

Should I even get upset if they don't keep their word.

Is the correct approach to look at the system and understand how our forefathers structured everything was to make it all effed up from day one so that government could impose big radical changes .

I don't know if I am even doing a good job of communicating what I am feeling. Just thought I would throw out some ideas to get feed back on what others are feeling. To get others insight that may give me greater wisdom.

Feedback Score
    How old are you? It seems you may have invested too much of yourself emotionally into the political process. If any President accomplishes 50% of what they promise, they're doing pretty good. Vote your beliefs and the candidate that matches those beliefs the closest. I have never found a candidate that matches what I want 100%.

Finally, in this Country, you have to operate despite Government. If you think your elected officials have violated the Constitution, then vote them out or ignore what they do. If you're a voter that has only a few issues (gun control, abortion, etc.) and government violates your rights, then you have the choice to accept what they attempt to do to you. or not. Take gun confiscation; in the future that could be law, but you have the choice to accept it or not. Maybe we'll all be criminals someday?
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yoni - You and I could sit down and within a month hammer out a better health-care program than both President Obama and the Republicans have accomplished (I say the Republicans versus President Trump because President Trump hasn't provided any guidance on it as Obama did). Likewise we could, within a month, hammer out an accord which would be mutually acceptable to the Israelis and the Palestinians.

That would work fine if it was up to us and we worked honestly toward a common goal. That is what the forefathers envisioned. And it would be true today IF......special interests didn't have such powers.

In today's world, those workable programs that you and I could develop would fail to materialize because everyone wants to stick their finger in the pie and have a taste.

As OH58D said, expect at the most 50%. Really, folks who have an upper two digit IQ should have been aware that President Trump wasn't going to be able to build a wall across the southern border, much less get Mexico to pay for the wall. Most of them suspended disbelief because he was saying things they wanted to hear. That is a problem.

Regarding President Trump, by now it should be obvious that one of the problems we are going to face is that he will continue to make promises he can not keep until he begins relying on those beyond his immediate circle. A good example of this is the Saudi Arms deal. Much of that probably won't happen because Congress won't allow the balance of power viz a viz Isreal to shift in the Saudi's favor. His 'team' full well knew that but he apparently didn't confer with them.

The road ahead is going to be bumpy. Hopefully we will, finally, learn how to pull together. But it isn't going to all happen overnight.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 05-26-17 at 10:13.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Yoni, OH58D and 26 Inf:

You all made excellent points, nothing much I can add. But I will just share what my thought was before I went to the poll in November.

1. Trump wasn't my choice, but it was the only choice I could vote for, there was no way I was going to vote for the hillbeast or sit home and not vote.
    2. I knew going in that he would never be able to keep 100% of his campaign promise. It would be great if he would be able to keep half of his promise. So far I think he's been doing well or at least trying.
    3. I knew that of the campaign promises that he can push, if only half of those succeeds I would be happy.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yoni, OH58D and 26 Inf:

You all made excellent points, nothing much I can add. But I will just share what my thought was before I went to the poll in November.

1. Trump wasn't my choice, but it was the only choice I could vote for, there was no way I was going to vote for the hillbeast or sit home and not vote.
    2. I knew going in that he would never be able to keep 100% of his campaign promise. It would be great if he would be able to keep half of his promise. So far I think he's been doing well or at least trying.
    3. I knew that of the campaign promises that he can push, if only half of those succeeds I would be happy.
    About the same as my thoughts as well. What really scares me is the flak this president is getting from the other side and the press.
    I expend tremendous amounts of energy and time merely to be normal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tog View Post
    About the same as my thoughts as well. What really scares me is the flak this president is getting from the other side and the press.
    The American Left is becoming unhinged, and violent. The Mainstream Media pours gas on the fire and even helps fan the flames. I honestly don't think the Conservative Right really knows how to deal with this kind of violent activism from the far Left. We were all raised with the idea that Free Speech is just that....Free. We were raised with the concept that your could disagree with your political foe, but be cordial and respectful of their opinion. That seems to be outdated and somewhat simplistic now. I am afraid that in the future, a proud Conservative could face violence when even trying to vote. Look at how many Trump supporters kept their beliefs low key until election day. No bumper stickers and few yard signs. These people were afraid of getting their vehicles vandalized and homes targeted.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    The American Left is becoming unhinged, and violent. The Mainstream Media pours gas on the fire and even helps fan the flames. I honestly don't think the Conservative Right really knows how to deal with this kind of violent activism from the far Left. We were all raised with the idea that Free Speech is just that....Free. We were raised with the concept that your could disagree with your political foe, but be cordial and respectful of their opinion. That seems to be outdated and somewhat simplistic now. I am afraid that in the future, a proud Conservative could face violence when even trying to vote. Look at how many Trump supporters kept their beliefs low key until election day. No bumper stickers and few yard signs. These people were afraid of getting their vehicles vandalized and homes targeted.
    This is a very good point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    We're all frustrated. I liked over half of Trump's campaign positions, and yes had normal skepticism. As far as I can tell immigration is the only one where's made any serious effort, and it's been stymied to an extent that is absolutely unprecedented through dubious court rulings and political actions all over the place. Really, looking at just immigration is a BIG FLASHING WARNING SIGN that there is nothing even faintly resembling democracy (or representative democracy in our supposed constitutional republic, for the sticklers). There is a pure oligarchy and all voting for a president is just smoke and mirrors, bread and circuses, to quiet the masses. Anyway, it doesn't seem like Trump is serious now about any other campaign promises, so here's why I'm frustrated:

1) I never would have voted for Trump if I had any better option, but in an election year of shockingly bad candidates, he looked least bad (and still does);
    2) I think I got conned, anyway;
    3) Even when he tries, the "deep state" is preventing him from doing anything against its wishes;
    4) The deep state is also waging lawfare to try and ruin his administration;
    5) Trump seemingly has been taken over by unelected people I increasingly dislike (his daughter and son-in-law, and various neocons) and has marginalized Bannon, the man who made much of his campaign.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    Agree!
    I expend tremendous amounts of energy and time merely to be normal.

Feedback Score
    Gentlemen thank you.

Guns and taxes aren't an issue for me. Because if guns become illegal, I will have guns one way or the other. Taxes I pay people to make sure I pay as little as possible.

But I will be honest Trump when it came to Israel, has shown himself to be like all the others. Which today the WH has asked Israel to give more to the Palestinians. He has not and will not move the embassy.

But I needed to vent and hear every body's reply.

OH58D, I old enough to know better. 59 years old, retired once with the rank of Lt.Col.. Now working for money and not fun.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast