Thread: Biggest Light That Will Work At 12:00

Feedback Score

Biggest Light That Will Work At 12:00

I was wondering what the biggest light was that would work at a 12:00 mounting position. I'd like a fixed front sight, either a conventional FSB or LMT fixed front, to be useable when the light is installed.
    http://www.dvctargets.com - Promoting realism and excellence in combative shooting.

Feedback Score
    I'm assuming you want to mount the light in FRONT of the FSB? Otherwise you'll have a huuuge shadow blocking the way.

Carbine or rifle? Any reason why you need a 12:00 mount?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    No answer here, just looking to clarify the question-
    Do you mean biggest as in height before you obscure the front sight post
    -or-
    most output?

Edit-
    Quote Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post
    I'm assuming you want to mount the light in FRONT of the FSB? Otherwise you'll have a huuuge shadow blocking the way.
    Carbine or rifle? Any reason why you need a 12:00 mount?
    This has been well covered in many threads, HERE most recently and HERE most specifically. Not to meaning to bite your head off, just giving info without diverting the thread.
    Last edited by Failure2Stop; 09-29-08 at 20:08. Reason: Edit/quote/answer
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    No answer here, just looking to clarify the question-Do you mean biggest as in height before you obscure the front sight post -or- most output?
    Biggest as far as height and flashlight body size. I have access to both an X-200 and a 6P with 235 lumen head. I'm not sure if the 6P light would work or not. I suspect that output will ultimately be limited by which flashlights you can use.

As far as the other threads, I'm aware of them as they sparked my interests and have me kicking the idea around, I was just looking for a piece of minutia.
    http://www.dvctargets.com - Promoting realism and excellence in combative shooting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    This has been well covered in many threads, HERE most recently and HERE most specifically. Not to meaning to bite your head off, just giving info without diverting the thread.
    Point taken - I missed those threads. I couldn't picture it in my head, but it makes sense now.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    As far as the other threads, I'm aware of them as they sparked my interests and have me kicking the idea around, I was just looking for a piece of minutia.
    Sorry for the confusion, I meant those as reference to canucklehead. It's your post, take it wherever you want! I was just trying to be helpful for those that didn't understand a 12 mount without cluttering the intent of your post.

And to bring MY post back to your intent-
    It seems to me that the only way to mount a 6P size light in front of a FSB is to use a barrel mount, but would not be too suprised if someone has figured out a way to prove me wrong.

Check out this pic for visual reference-

Quote Originally Posted by wichaka View Post
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com