Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are we in the era of $350-$550 stocks?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    As others have said, the market dictates and if people are buying, there you go. Since I got my first Vltor stock around 4-5 years ago, I have a hard time buying anything else. The only other stock I have tried and kept is the B5 Bravo which is the polar opposite of the stocks in the OP

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    IDK, I don't have any $350-500 stocks on my AR15s, but if it fills a need or demand, who cares?

Don't want one, don't buy one.

Spend less time complaining about the other guys on your square range and more time on your target. Trust me, it'll do more for you personally.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don't think anybody is complaining about other guys' gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    The PDW stocks as was pointed out by Joe have a purpose. And If I was going as short as possible on an SBR I'd legit be interested. Anything other than an SBR and I kind of think you're dealing with a confused build or possible brain damage. But then, if you are going as short as possible you also are going to likely be taking a hit in the over all reliability to some degree to get to that short package. For a 16 inch carbine, or what have you, there is really no valid reason I can come up with to slap a PDW stock on there other than, "Because it makes my dick hard." Which if it is because you can, I respect. And I think most here don't care if you have stuff that is for no other reason than you can. We all get caught up in practical usage and fighting tools, not everything needs to be that. Now, guy rolls up with a lower with a PDW stock and 24 bull barrel and declares it to be the greatest CQC instrument ever I will be first in line to kick him in the nads.

That said, if you start pushing $300 or more stocks that interface like your general Magpul, BCM, B5 systems, ect stock and it does nothing special I reserve the right to ask if you are smoking high grade crack unless you can show that it does something that none of the above mentioned stocks can do at a third or even less of the price. I'll even allow that proper gun fit, to include the stock, is important to shooting well. Though, as has already been stated, a lot of shooters would probably benefit from shooting more and more training than chasing the latest gear. I can say both, I could stand to shoot more than I do, and as far as not chasing gear, sticking with what I have and is vetted and known inside and out to me has resulted in me reliably kicking the ass of the guys who are members of the gun of month club and who have to chase the latest and greatest accessories because they try to win by throwing money at the game and not building skill.

All of that said, free market, if companies can make bank on it, what the hell. Maybe I can pick up the cast off of the guys buying the latest and greatest on the cheap.
    This pretty much covers it. They fill a niche roll for a short as possible sbr/pdw.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    To be clear, it wasn't my intent to shit on someone's purchases, I'm just wondering if there's a reason these stocks are suddenly so popular.

It's like when railed handguards started coming out. I was used to just bolting a light to the plastic handguards, and spending $100+ on a metal rail that looked uncomfortable and potentially delicate seemed strange to me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Are you guys saying my Magpul MOE stocks arent the "in" thing to have on a gun anymore?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I don't see an issue so long as it serves a purpose and does what the user needs it to do. Most of my rifles sport $75 and under stocks.. but I do have one rifle (18" rifle gas MK12 inspired SPR) that has right at $600 in the stock alone. (Gen 1 UBR, Gen 3 Battleline S.A.P.R. , Enhanced buttpad, Accushot strike plate/monopod mount & monopod, and IWC centerline QD mount). I have it exactly where I want it, so the dollar amount doesn't bother me. I personally wouldn't spend $400+ for a basic stock machined out of aluminum though, as most polymer stocks will do the same thing for less money and weight, but there's obviously a market for it. You can't blame companies for making products they know they can sell.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123