Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf ammo accuracy

Feedback Score

Wolf ammo accuracy

I shot 50 round targets at 25 yards from a solid rest with my Canik TP9SFX using Wolf ammo. Here are results on a 5.5 inch targetIMG_3132.jpg
    I then shot a 50 round group using Asym Precision target ammoIMG_3135.jpg
    Here is a target ofIMG_3137.jpg Lapua ammo. Is the group with Wolf as good as the Asym or Lapua groups? No. Is Wolf the garbage ammo that justifies its reputation? What is your experience? These are 5.5 inch targets

Feedback Score
    Pic of gun and rangeIMG_3131.jpg

Feedback Score
    Not suprised. I've shot some good groups wit wolf and tula.

My issue with Russian ammo is lack of qc. Like reman ammo. I quit shooting it when it tried to blow my gun up.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    My experience - most people can't shoot anywhere near the capability of their gun or ammo. For them - Wolf (or any other ammo) is more than sufficient for weekend blasting. Anything that will go in their "clip" is great.

That being said, I have no problem grabbing Wolf or WWB or whatever is cheapest if I'm headed out to blast some steel. The biggest factor will be my concentration and trigger control...if I miss a plate I will blame myself - not my gun or ammo. Shooting a new gun for groups? Sure, I'll burn some GD or HST of different weights and see what it likes. For just aimless plinking and working on the fundamentals, I'll grab the cheapest brass I can find if I'm collecting it to reload, or the cheapest period if I'm not. JMO.
    Last edited by DirectTo; 05-27-17 at 16:20. Reason: Can't spell apparently.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Not suprised. I've shot some good groups wit wolf and tula.

My issue with Russian ammo is lack of qc. Like reman ammo. I quit shooting it when it tried to blow my gun up.
    What he said ^

I've had good groups with Russian ammo but it's not consistent

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Concur. I've fired Wolf/Tula/WPA/Brown Bear/Silver Bear in many pistol calibers and never noticed it was particularly less accurate than other brands that I recall.

But I've certainly noticed more feed issues, duds, and what seems like varying amounts of powder.

I'm down to the point where I'll only buy it in 9mm and fire it in a strong gun. (or 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 if I ever have an AK or SKS again)

Feedback Score
    Tula shoots the most accurate out of my stock Glock 34 barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For pistol rounds, I haven't had any real issue with accuracy. I mean, hell, I've gotten better groups from Wolf .45acp out of my TRP than with WWB. Dead serious. I've also grabbed wolf ammo and had it group considerably larger. Some might blame the shooter, some might blame ammo. I am inclined to claim ammo since following the shit performance from the Wolf ammo I stacked a mag for Hornady FPD in pretty much one hole. I'd say ammo was probably inconsistent. Doesn't really stop me from buying 9mm and .45acp steel or aluminum cased ammo for blasting and close in training. Also i generally figure that it going to take a shit load of steel cased ammo with bi metal bullets to wear out a pistol barrel, and well, extractors are a wear part anyway, and should probably be replaced at a set schedule same with springs, and some other parts, so, what the hell right, shoot what is cheap, and I am someplace where picking brass up is more difficult than normal well, Wolf it is.

I will say that Wolf, Tule, Silver bear, ect, rifle ammo, especially .223 is pretty much trash blaster ammo. Being blunt but I have used Tula or Wolf 55gr ammo and shot groups that were closer to patterns than groups then followed it with decent M193, IMI for example, and the groups were cut in half or even cut to a third of what the other shit was grouping. Tula is probably the worst in my experience. in regards to 7.62X39, I've found Red Army Standard to group best over Wolf or Tula, but that is literally a sample of one rifle, so there is not much I can say to that other than that one rifle.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    For pistol rounds, I haven't had any real issue with accuracy. I mean, hell, I've gotten better groups from Wolf .45acp out of my TRP than with WWB. Dead serious. I've also grabbed wolf ammo and had it group considerably larger. Some might blame the shooter, some might blame ammo. I am inclined to claim ammo since following the shit performance from the Wolf ammo I stacked a mag for Hornady FPD in pretty much one hole. I'd say ammo was probably inconsistent. Doesn't really stop me from buying 9mm and .45acp steel or aluminum cased ammo for blasting and close in training. Also i generally figure that it going to take a shit load of steel cased ammo with bi metal bullets to wear out a pistol barrel, and well, extractors are a wear part anyway, and should probably be replaced at a set schedule same with springs, and some other parts, so, what the hell right, shoot what is cheap, and I am someplace where picking brass up is more difficult than normal well, Wolf it is.

I will say that Wolf, Tule, Silver bear, ect, rifle ammo, especially .223 is pretty much trash blaster ammo. Being blunt but I have used Tula or Wolf 55gr ammo and shot groups that were closer to patterns than groups then followed it with decent M193, IMI for example, and the groups were cut in half or even cut to a third of what the other shit was grouping. Tula is probably the worst in my experience. in regards to 7.62X39, I've found Red Army Standard to group best over Wolf or Tula, but that is literally a sample of one rifle, so there is not much I can say to that other than that one rifle.
    I would imagine that at pistol velocities and pressures, the accelerated wear of bi-metal bullets would be negligible

Feedback Score
    If your SHTF ar-15 doesn't run on steel cased ammo then it truly isn't made for SHTF situations. You may not always nice shiny brass to shoot in such a situation. Your AR should be able to run on any ammo that is available

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast